Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Set DVB-T tuner on PC

Hi all, I recently bought an Acer Aspire Z3771, running Windows 7 Home Premium. It came with an AVerMedia A373 MiniCard Dual DVB-T, built in. I have plugged my aerial, which I believe is an UHF aerial into the plug on the back of the monitor, and tried using Windows Media Centre to set up the tv channels. It says it cannot find tv settings for my post code (I tried my post code, as well as central Wgtn and Akld codes), and then when it searches it cannot find any channels. I am assuming there is something I am missing, but don't know what it is, any suggestions?

Old guy

Default Re: Set DVB-T tuner on PC

That should work. Are you certain the aerial is hooked up correctly i.e. does it work with another TV receiver?

The aerial works on my normal tv. I dont have freeview on that tv, so just get the analog channels there. Not sure if that makes a difference?

Get AVerTV off the Avermedia site. See if it finds any channels. Dont worry about MCE not finding your postcode. It didnt work here either. I dont think it works in NZ

Take it back to the shop tell them the tuner doesnt work. There's no point in it being installed, if it doesnt work

My tuner card didn't pick up any channels when I chose my region in NextPVR, but it found them all when I got it to search all NZ. Try AVerTV as Speedy said, or NextPVR.

What analogue channels do you get, is Prime one of them?
    A UHF Aerial is the small one that looks a bit like an arrow. Media centre works fine for me and has the same postcode error.
    Ryzen 2700X, 16Gb DDR4RAM, 512GB M.2 NVME SSD, MSI GTX1070

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    My tuner card didn't pick up any channels when I chose my region in NextPVR, but it found them all when I got it to search all NZ. Try AVerTV as Speedy said, or NextPVR.
    There have been a bunch of channel reorganisations lately. It's most likely the embedded frequency tables in MCE are out of date.

I know for nextpvr I supplied the Mt Kaukau frequency changes to the Wellington developer and he is adding them to the next release (out shortly).

But a blind scan (scan everything) in MCE or NextPVR will find any channels available. These systems are generall set up to only scan the transponder frequencies it knows about (ie in for DVB-T there are only 3 used). The "old
    days of analog your tv just did a blind scan over a whole range of frequencies. The new scheme is faster - if the transponders haven't been shifted - which they have.
    Interests: PVRs, HTPCs, Apple IOS, Apple TV, Media Players, C#, Printing

Does the tuner support MP4? if it doesnt (MCE may not find any channels)

In March this year I bought an Acer Aspire M3410, with an internal AVerMedia H751 Hybrid Analog/DVB-T card. I bought a Dick Smith indoor aerial, and ran through the Windows 7 Media Center setup. I had the "...No Guide at your PostCode..." message, but a full scan found over 20 channels, and the Guide gave me names and times of programs for the following two hours from the current time. About four channels were reasonable quality, six were poor but watchable and the rest were... discarded.

In early April the Guide suddenly stopped giving me program information. It continued to show half-hour divisions (columns), with no program information. Everything else remained the same.

After the channel reorganisations on the 24th July, a full scan last night of both analogue and DVB-T found only seven very poor quality channels. The Guide no longer shows time divisions.

------------------------
    (I came here with the intention of starting a new thread to ask about this, but searching found this new thread. I'll leave the above as "FYI", try Speedy's "Get AVerTV off the Avermedia site" suggestion and report back if I find anything that might help palimpsest.)

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy Gonzales View Post
    Does the tuner support MP4? if it doesnt (MCE may not find any channels)
    DVB-S and DVB-T tuners do not actually "do" anything with the video stream, just dump it to the calling application, which can then either just write it to disk, or convert it to something else - ie mp4/dvrms/wtv
    Interests: PVRs, HTPCs, Apple IOS, Apple TV, Media Players, C#, Printing