Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hearing Problem

Needs a reversed Cougar! tuiruru's Avatar

Default Hearing Problem

Hi

Apaarently my hearing is not as good as it should be, and if SWMBO and I are sat on the setee watching the TV our "preferred volumes" are different.

Somebody told me that you can get some sort of headphone set where tha "base" will plug into th"audio out" sockets and transmit it to headphones that have their own volume control (SWMBO can have her own volume), and when you've finished using the headset you put them back on the base and they re-charge.

So what I'm interested in is what's available and which make (with prices) would be the most preferred. Like all these things, cos I don't know what to ask, it would be appreciated if you can point out the "fish hooks", the +'s and -'s and a reliable supplier.

Thanks
    Noli illegitimi carborundorum

As I hurtled through space one thought kept crossing my mind. Every part of this capsule was supplied by the lowest bidder.
    John Glenn

Intel i5-2500K 3.3GHz Quad Core, Asus P8Z 68-V LE MB, GTX 560 TI 1GB DDR5 graphics card, Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit, 8gb Corsair Vengeance DDR3 ram , Viewsonic VX2233WM LCD 1080P HD Monitor. Seagate Barracuda 1 TB 64MB Sata3 HD

Default Re: Hearing Problem

Thanks for that Trev - it's just I was hoping to get a bit more technical info to look out for than on that thread......

As I hurtled through space one thought kept crossing my mind. Every part of this capsule was supplied by the lowest bidder.
    John Glenn

Have a look at this.

Hope it helps.

Quote Originally Posted by stratex5 View Post
    Have a look at this.

Hope it helps.
    Thanks for that Strat - some interesting considerations in there

John Glenn

Quote Originally Posted by tuiruru View Post
    can point out the "fish hooks",
    It's possible that plugging in the base unit will cut the TV's speakers. So your wife will need a headset too - and does the base unit connect to more than one headset?

In my case I (partly) solve the volume problem by turning off the subwoofer on certain progs, allowing the volume to be set a bit higher
    Ryzen 7 1700 @ stock, EVO 960 500GB M.2 NVMe, G-Skill 2 x 16GB @ 2.4GHz,
    GA-AB350N-Gaming Wifi (mITX), EVGA GTX970. Media player: i7-6700k

Quote Originally Posted by BBCmicro View Post
    It's possible that plugging in the base unit will cut the TV's speakers. So your wife will need a headset too - and does the base unit connect to more than one headset?

In my case I (partly) solve the volume problem by turning off the subwoofer on certain progs, allowing the volume to be set a bit higher
    That's a good point beeb. The person who told me about this reckoned the headphones would have their own volume control on and the TV remote would still work for the wife.... But I'll watch out for that - thanks

John Glenn

IT Contractor

Quote Originally Posted by tuiruru View Post
    That's a good point beeb. The person who told me about this reckoned the headphones would have their own volume control on and the TV remote would still work for the wife.... But I'll watch out for that - thanks
    This depends as much on the TV as on the headphones - some TVs will cut their internal speaker when an external audio device is connected, some won't, and some will let you decide.
    Windows 7 x64 // i5-3570K // 16GB DDR3-1600 // GTX660Ti 2GB // Samsung 830 120GB SSD // OCZ Agility4 120GB SSD
    Windows 7 x64 // Phenom II 955 // 8GB DDR3-1333 // GTX460 1GB // Corsair Force3 120GB SSD
    Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9505

tuiruru, I digress:

Wife born deaf in one ear and had a virus which caused her good ear to lose hearing, so she had to have a hearing aid.

My two hearing aids have just been replaced thanks to war pensions.

Wife can hear tv on volume 16, whereas I needed it up to 18/19 and she complains it's too loud.

Had mine with a program button installed, so I can now push the button to sync with wife's 16 volume.

Isn't technology wonderful in this day and age.

Lurking.

Old guy

Sony put out 3 wireless models which will do what you require @ $1,2 &300. As pointed out above the TV set itself will dictate just how it will allow you to connect an external headset and still hear sound via its speakers or not. My Sony Bravia is ok with it so I would expect most recent TV sets to also do so.