Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lightbulb youtube security detection

Just today i found out when i log onto youtube, i get a message in the web address area ,saying Your connection to the site is encrypted, but Google Chrome has detected mixed content on the page. Be careful if you’re entering information on this page. Mixed content can provide a loophole for someone to manipulate the page. This content could be third-party images or ads embedded on the page. and sometimes ,The site has not provided the browser with a certificate. This is normal for regular HTTP sites (look for the icon in the address bar), because certificates are usually provided only if the site uses SSL.
    Google Chrome has detected problems with the site’s certificate. You should proceed with caution because the site may be pretending to be another site in order to trick you into sharing personal or other sensitive information with them.

Note - this i have only seen occur with chrome browser , internet explorer does not pop up a message or icon.

Is this a problem ,or should i not worry about it (Normal).

Default Re: youtube security detection

Shouldnt worry about it. I get it too, seems like a bug with Chrome (Wants to search everything via HTTPS)
    There is no keyboard connected to this computer. Press any key to continue.

EmoCat -
    so is there any way to fix it or should i just leave it .

Considering it doesnt threaten you're computer in any way - Just leave it as it is. I've had the error a few times but it does go away over time. Just keep ignoring it. As I said before, Its a bug with Google Chrome. If its really getting to you (Because you're a Youtube fanatic) then switch to Firefox.

Quote Originally Posted by EmoCat View Post
    Shouldnt worry about it. I get it too, seems like a bug with Chrome (Wants to search everything via HTTPS)
    Strange, but recently going onto google home page suddenly started showing it was encrypted in the last few weeks (maybe a bit longer now), first thing I noticed was that it was coming up https:// . I use IE9, so I wonder if google is using encrypted pages accross its sites and its not a problem with the Chrome browser. Not sure why they would want to do it, probably some dodgy way google have got set up for information gathering.

Only encrypts your searches thru Google if you are logged in - otherwise normal http
    bit longer than e few weeks

October 18, 2011

Ah, time flies lol, oh, maybe I just wasnt logged in - which sounds about right. Thanks Bevy

Quote Originally Posted by EmoCat View Post
    Considering it doesnt threaten you're computer in any way - Just leave it as it is. I've had the error a few times but it does go away over time. Just keep ignoring it. As I said before, Its a bug with Google Chrome. If its really getting to you (Because you're a Youtube fanatic) then switch to Firefox.
    i havent had error showing up ,emo cat , just icons on address bar . if i update chrome , do u think it will fix .

yeah lantec i was thinking similar to your thinking ,like you said some dodgy way google have got set up for information gathering .

Late Reply i know but why didnt I think of that, bevy? Perhaps it could be Youtube (Seeing as Youtube is owned by Google). Theres probably nothing you can do about it if you're a Youtube Fanatic Nhashon. Theres been no recent updates for Chrome as far as i'm aware. Considering this thread has been answered more than once, can it be closed >.<?