Default Finally bit the bullet & got a new modem/router combo

Ok so I have finally decided upon a new modem/router combo.

Have ordered a Draytek Vigor 2710e. Modem / router / Wireless / 4 port switch. Also got 2 usb wireless dongles (300mb/s)

Now what I want to do is set up the modem/router to connect then make both PCs connect wirelessly (what a word!).

I assume that to do this I need to configure the modem/router via ethernet cable first from the first PC. Then get the second PC to
    connect wirelessly (that word again). Then shift the modem/router to its new home and connect the first PC wirelessly
    (might make this my word of the day)? Am i right? Any other options?

Also I have never set up a wireless network before. Is this easy enough to do?

Any advise greatly appreciated.

At the end of the day though I am happy enough to set up the configuration using cables (just means running a 10m cable to another room.
    No biggie).

Cheers All

Default Re: Finally bit the bullet & got a new modem/router combo

Well if its connected to the first PC with Ethernet, there's no point in making the first PC wireless. You have to configure the modem first, change it to something else besides WEP (WPA2 or better, then give it a password). Then install the drivers for the wireless adapters. Then configure them (either with its own program or use Windows for the wireless). With the same security and the same password. What version of windows are on these PC's? If XP is on one of them, make sure SP3 is installed. If you put teamviewer on them. I maybe able to help you to configure them.

Thanks Speedy

Was going to shift the modem/router to a new more convenient position once I had it configured. Hence wanting to make both PCs (both with Win7 Home Prem.) wireless. But leaving the primary PC connected by cable is no big deal and would prob make more sense. Haven't yet got the new PC and modem/router. Rest sounds easy enough though. If I can I may call on you again for some more assistance.

Cheers

Sweet thats ok by me. Send me a PM