Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    pcsourcepoint

Default Google Play Opens Up - Android Apps andd Music Store

Google play just opened which rolls music, apps, and ebooks (apparently the largest online) together. Seems apps for the moment in NZ. Overview here.
    Last edited by kahawai chaser; 08-03-2012 at 09:55 AM.
    Computer Tech Links (My Tutorials & Reviews)| Free MP3 Software Reviews (My Reviews)|I Student NZ (My Student Resoucre Tips)

Default Re: Google Play Opens Up - Android Apps andd Music Store

Mmm, it's mostly just a rebranding exercise, to address the fact that the Android Market was being used for much more than just Android apps. There's no actual new product for us here in NZ.

As a side note, if you want to use Google Music, you can do so if you sign up from a USA IP address. You still can't buy anything though.
    If you are interested in reading fanfiction on a mobile device or ebook reader, please visit flagfic.com.

Quote Originally Posted by Erayd View Post
    Mmm, it's mostly just a rebranding exercise, to address the fact that the Android Market was being used for much more than just Android apps. There's no actual new product for us here in NZ.

As a side note, if you want to use Google Music, you can do so if you sign up from a USA IP address. You still can't buy anything though.
    And they wonder why people pirate the stuff by putting up "not in your country " road blocks all the time..
    Regards,

Paul W
    Taco Bell is not a Mexican telephone company

Where is Metla these days Chilling_Silence's Avatar

Yeah it's nice though coz I've been using the Music service for a while from both my PC and my Phone AND my Tablet... Having this expands on it being more than just an Andoird service as mentioned
    I mostly do Bitcoin & DigiByte things these days, feel free to say hi on Twitter: https://twitter.com/dgb_chilling

Before you ask a question here, or before you get upset by a response, see here:
    http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-...ons.html#intro

On your Android phone or tablet, Google will upgrade the Android Market app to the Google Play Store app over the coming days (only in certain countries, see below) All downloads such as your videos, books and music apps will also be upgraded to Google Play Movies, Google Play Books and Google Play Music apps. You should be able to play these just like normal without interruption by logging into your Google account like always
    Am I the only one that thinks that running everything from a remote location is a crock of ****?
    better Dredd then dead

Congratulations on launching the iTunes store, Google

Where is Metla these days Chilling_Silence's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Metla View Post
    Am I the only one that thinks that running everything from a remote location is a crock of ****?
    Yeah pretty much. Once you've had a legitimate use for it, like playing music at a mates place for a party, or while at work, or something like that ... You'll appreciate it. Until then, yeah, you're right
    I mostly do Bitcoin & DigiByte things these days, feel free to say hi on Twitter: https://twitter.com/dgb_chilling

Before you ask a question here, or before you get upset by a response, see here:
    http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-...ons.html#intro

No I prefer to keep all our data at home on our computers and on our own file server rather up in the clouds somewhere. If the internet goes down or even just our phone line we can still work on our data priceless

Quote Originally Posted by gary67 View Post
    No I prefer to keep all our data at home on our computers and on our own file server rather up in the clouds somewhere. If the internet goes down or even just our phone line we can still work on our data priceless
    Local caching .

In all seriousness though, you're right - cloud services don't suit everyone's workflow, preferences, or environmental constraints.
    If you are interested in reading fanfiction on a mobile device or ebook reader, please visit flagfic.com.

I reckon so too. If you're out of internet range, your books, data, games etc. are about as useless as you could wish. Your expensive phone or tablet is relegated to a juggling artefact, not quite as much use as an old brick. The idea of down- and up- loading an via ISP every time you want to get a trifling bit of data is about as logical as putting a bunch of drongos in Wellington for 3 years and paying them real money to do their worst.
    Entropy is not what
    it used to be.