Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    South Seas Parrothead Twelvevolts's Avatar

Default RIP - Lloyd Morrison

I regret to say I had never heard of Lloyd Morrison until he took over as a co-owner of the Phoenix, and as far as I know I never met him.

Reading about him after his death in Seattle, you get the picture of a guy who gave his all to everything he did and wanted the best for his family and his country.

Of course the cancer side of the story resonates with me, looks like he found out he had cancer about the same age I did. Unfortuantely his was a very aggressive form and the best medical treatement in the world ultimately couldn't save him.

I imagine we'll have a minutes silence tomorrow at the Phoenix game - and for me that will serve as a reminder that we should all live life to the full, remain positive in our outlook and do what we can to make our country a better place to live.
    Drinking Central Otago Pinot Noir - but purely for medicinal purposes.

Default Re: RIP - Lloyd Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by Twelvevolts View Post
    I regret to say I had never heard of Lloyd Morrison until he took over as a co-owner of the Phoenix, and as far as I know I never met him.

Reading about him after his death in Seattle, you get the picture of a guy who gave his all to everything he did and wanted the best for his family and his country.

Of course the cancer side of the story resonates with me, looks like he found out he had cancer about the same age I did. Unfortuantely his was a very aggressive form and the best medical treatement in the world ultimately couldn't save him.

I imagine we'll have a minutes silence tomorrow at the Phoenix game - and for me that will serve as a reminder that we should all live life to the full, remain positive in our outlook and do what we can to make our country a better place to live.
    Wouldn't know him from a bar of soap, it is sad that thousands die each day of the big C, but there it is!
    "The life of the dead is placed in the memory of the living." Cicero