Default Eee ASUS Transformer Charger problem

Hi,
    I am sooo disappointed in not being able to play with new Asus tonight. I had a real problem with fitting the charger together. It just didn't want to fit snugly into the separate plug piece that goes into the wall socket. So, I just used the USB cable and stuck it into my Desktop PC. Waited the required 8 hours, only to find it had only 5% battery charge on it! Have since googled it and the consensus is that using the usb will only drip feed it. Something to do with internal power supply to the usb port not being good enough to drive charger. ( Works fine on the phone though.)

It's all going back to the shop tomorrow and I'm going to say "You try fitting this together!" May be a faulty one so they should change it.

LL
    _____Nothing is hidden that cannot be revealed______

Default Re: Eee ASUS Transformer Charger problem

I think the majority of tablets need a wall charger. I know the current iMacs will charge them, but my old one won't.
    samsung, discovering a new galaxy every month

You could take These suggestions or not with a grain of salt ?

OR post #7 asus-transformer-wont-charge seems several solutions are offered in that article as well -- maybe?

Thanks for your reply Wainui. It's just that the actual two pieces do not seem to fit. I did try to put them together exactly according to the diagram. I don't want to try bending things or freezing anything, that could void the warranty if I buggered it up even more than it is. No, I'll just take it all back and they can sort it.

LL

IT Contractor

A standard USB 2.0 port only allows 5V 500mA output, the TF101 power supply is 15V 1.2A. It takes about two and a half days to charge it off a USB port even with the tablet fully shutdown, heh. Most of the 10" tablets are like this.

Weird that the charger won't go together, the wall adapter is just a mains -> USB converter, did it look damage or anything?
    Windows 7 x64 // i5-3570K // 16GB DDR3-1600 // GTX660Ti 2GB // Samsung 830 120GB SSD // OCZ Agility4 120GB SSD
    Windows 7 x64 // Phenom II 955 // 8GB DDR3-1333 // GTX460 1GB // Corsair Force3 120GB SSD
    Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9505

Took asus back to Tricky Dick's and the guy there just clicked the charger pieces properly together for me! I love him! So now its all charging up nicely. Must admit I had a little play on it right away and it talked nicely to my network and mail and synced everything great.

Where is Metla these days Chilling_Silence's Avatar

Awesome stuff

Yeah you can also buy most Wall -> USB adapters and use the Transformer USB cord and it'll also charge. Just that as inphinity says, the PC power plug doesn't pump out enough juice to feed it
    I mostly do Bitcoin & DigiByte things these days, feel free to say hi on Twitter: https://twitter.com/dgb_chilling

Before you ask a question here, or before you get upset by a response, see here:
    http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-...ons.html#intro