Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: CoD: Black Ops Sell XD

I'd like to see how Battlefield 3 will run on the upgrade im buying from Playtech

Specs:
    i5 2500K 3.3Ghz
    HIS IceQ X Turbo 2GB 6950
    8GB G.SKILL RAM

Any information about that would be highly appreciated !
    There is no keyboard connected to this computer. Press any key to continue.

Pretends to know things

http://media.bestofmicro.com/Y/M/313...igh%201680.png

Tom's hardware is great, they used: Intel Core i7-2600K, Intel Core i3-2105, Intel Core i7-875K, Intel Core i3-530, AMD FX-8150 to test bf3 with that card and all the other cards they tested. I'm guessing they just took an average, since games rarely support things like hyperthreading CPU choice doesn't really matter as long as you're not underspending.

Just noting the 5970, considering the age and the fps it puts out it must have been an absolute beast when it came out.
    Last edited by icow; 30-11-2011 at 09:41 AM.

Ah the 5000 series. They were amazing while they were around (Even though they're still in use). I'm upgrading from a Nvidia GeForce 9500GT

Pretends to know things

Wow. They dont even make the cut for bf3 do they? I think the 9800GT is the absolute minimum.

It runs..at 5-10 FPS . Need to upgrade to 6950 NAO!

Pretends to know things

that's playable

Playable? I couldnt even (Yeah..i gave up..who knew!) turn without lagging..and my ping to the server's was horrible. 400-900 ping average to ON3Network servers. Regarding the 6950 though, cant it be overclocked to the 6970? Wouldnt mind that.

Pretends to know things

Yeah I dont know the details but the 6950 can be unlocked into a 6970 by flashing the bios. AMD/ATi seem to do this with alot of their products and there's always speculation as to if you can still unlock a 2 generation or non-reference design card. As far as I know the 1gb 6950 will not unlock. All 1st generation 2gb 6950's should unlock (there's a failure rate on some brands) some non-reference design cards have switches on them that automatically unlock the card (xfx). Just get a card with a bios switch and make sure the switch works (I saw someone who brought a card with a bios switch which was faulty, and because he had tried to unlock to a 6970 his warranty was void) and give it a shot.

As for your ping issue I think bf3 is extremely server heavy because in the beta I got lower ping to more powerful servers in the US (who were no doubt on fibre) than most of the NZ or AUS servers. I think I found 1 Australian server i could play on without lag. BF3 has massive issues with "rubber banding" .
    Last edited by icow; 30-11-2011 at 11:21 AM.

Yeah..and what i've heard about the November 22nd Patch, theres even more problems. Apparently some people cant even access battlelog. EA needs to fix this stuff otherwise Battlefield 3 is gonna die in a matter of months, if not weeks from now. As for the 6950 im buying, ive heard rumors that the HIS IceQ X Turbo 2GB cant be flashed to 6970. I am dissapoint, but a 6950 will still run BF3 on Ultra. Its a pity that Playtech are out of stock of all the items i need (They're cheapest in NZ, of what i've seen/checked). Might need to go Ascent to get my upgrade, although they have high prices. If only Newegg were in NZ..best..prices..ever !

Pretends to know things

Yeah i wish there was a NZ newegg or even if they shipped to nz. Tried computer lounge?

BF3 was rushed just to be out before COD which is sad really. They could have made the sequel BF2 deserved. The game is still good, just a terrible SP (all ripped out of COD) and bugs like that ruin it.