Default Frustrating Vodafone BB wireless Router

Re-installed Win7 for this friend last night, tested wireless connection to my wireless router without any issues. Returned it to him this morning but we just could not connect it to his Vodafone wireless router. Double (many times, actually) checked WPA key but still could not connect. Couldn't connect even with the security removed! It connects OK with ethernet cable. There are 2 other computers (XP machines) in his house which connected to this vodafone without any issues. Took the computer back (few houses away) to my place and it straight away connected to my router. I tried another old Linksys router to test and it connects without any problem!

Since this computer connects to my 2 different routers, I would say that the Win 7 OS is OK, and,
    since there are 2 other computers connected the vodafone router perfectly, I would also concluded that the vodafone router is also OK.

Then, what could be the problem?

I am running out of resources. Can any one here help?

Default Re: Frustrating Vodafone BB wireless Router

Reset router, re install laptop drivers. Also try (if it supports it) changing the bandwith from 20MHz to 20/40MHz or just 40MHz. You could also try changing the channels and the wireless mode G only ABGN mixed or N only. I hat similar porblems with an iTouch. Had to change the whole network config because it wouldn't play nice with the router and it didn't like the server handling DHCP for some reason, always tried to auto config an IP
    The Master Of Deception

>~~ i7 Sandy Bridge 2630QM 2.0GHz ~~ 4GB RAM ~~ATI 6770M 1Gb~~ 640gb Pri HDD 1tb Secnd~~<

The Web configuration Interface of this vodafone router is worse than the Thomson from Telecom!

Have you tried connecting he W7 without the XP's on.

I have had several occasions where other PC's are stopping the connections Via wireless, could be anything, Same name on two different PC's, IP set to static, etc.

Does the W7 even see the wireless ? The reason for Asking, is Thursday I set up A new PC that I built, with wireless ( PCI Card), and it had to use the Netlinks wireless configurations at the customers house, other wise it simply wouldn't connect no matter what I did.The Widows wireless saw the network OK but that was as far as it went, but at home it worked fine.

I have a Netgear Router, but they have a different Brand, Netcomm I think, they knew the SSID and password, so I didn't need to look to hard.
    Last edited by wainuitech; 27-11-2011 at 12:11 PM.

The W7 detected the wireless SSID, no problem but just refuses to connect to it! I have changed the SSID, encryption, etc., so at that stage other XPs were not connected to it, yet. So, I rule out that other PCs are stopping the connection.

This W7 machine is a dual boot Macbook and am using the Mac OS drivers. Mac OS has no problem in connecting to it, though. Could it be Win 7 compatibility issue with this white-shinny vodafone thingie?

Assuming THIS HERE is the same one, I just had a look at the manual

Is WPS enabled ? That can be a real PITA and cause endless amounts of troubles.

I would say the problem is with the Router settings someplace, as you able to connect to other routers.
    Last edited by wainuitech; 27-11-2011 at 02:28 PM.

Yup. That's the one. I'm giving up and suggested him to get something else which is more 'sensible' or just hook it up thru cable.

Read the manual and that the OS requirement (fort he web config) : Win98SE/ME, 2000/XP/Vista; Win 7 is not mentioned. I would saythat it's a rather old piece of crap with a new white shinny casing.

Where is Metla these days Chilling_Silence's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bk T View Post
    Yup. That's the one. I'm giving up and suggested him to get something else which is more 'sensible' or just hook it up thru cable.
    *snip*
    I would saythat it's a rather old piece of crap with a new white shinny casing.
    Yeah pretty much, can't stand those routers, they're horrible ... Dunno why Vodafone and Telecom insist on giving out such crap routers
    I mostly do Bitcoin & DigiByte things these days, feel free to say hi on Twitter: https://twitter.com/dgb_chilling

Before you ask a question here, or before you get upset by a response, see here:
    http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-...ons.html#intro