Default One for the excel users / gurus

I am wondering if it is possible to copy the comments from one cell on a worksheet; to a specific cell or cellrange on another worksheet.
    Or more preferentially; if I can copy a cell or cellrange from one worksheet into the comments of a cell on another worksheet

Being rather noob at excel, you may need to give specific instructions (initially anyway)

Also, how do I create a "static titlebar" in xcel; whereby when one scrolls down; a row (or rows) containing the headings remains static
    Last edited by Myth; 04-11-2011 at 09:08 PM. Reason: Addition
    (morganj): 0 is false and 1 is true, correct?
    (alec_eso): 1, morganj

Default Re: One for the excel users / gurus

I can answer your second question - the feature you're after is called "Freeze Panes". Click on the cell that you want to be the "top left hand" corner of the bit of your spreadsheet that moves. Then click on the "Freeze Panes" button (which will either be in the ribbon for Office 2k7/2k10 or the Window menu in 2k3).
    Any views expressed here are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of my employer or any affiliated 3rd party.

This macro may help you if no other solution comes to light

Sub FillComments()
    On Error Resume Next
    For Each cell In Selection.Cells
    cell.AddComment
    cell.Comment.Text Text:=cell.Value
    Next
    End Sub

It copy's text cell contents to the comment area of the same cell

It would then be simply a matter of copying the cells to where you want them and using excel's Paste Special.comments function which will place the comments only into the cells where you want them located.

Trev

To scroll down your spreadsheet while keeping your headers at the top: move the cursor to the top of the scroll bar. just above the 'arrow' there is a narrow line. put the cursor over the top of that and it changes to 2 horizontal lines with an arrow above and below. Leftclick on that and drag it down to where you want the top of the page to be. To remove it drag it back to the top or just doubleclick on it. Works on the vertical as well. You can have both at the same time too.

Quote Originally Posted by Myth View Post
    1. I am wondering if it is possible to copy the comments from one cell on a worksheet; to a specific cell or cellrange on another worksheet.
    Or more preferentially; if I can copy a cell or cellrange from one worksheet into the comments of a cell on another worksheet

2. Also, how do I create a "static titlebar" in xcel; whereby when one scrolls down; a row (or rows) containing the headings remains static
    1. Select the cells with the comments that you want, copy them (Ctrl + C, right click, however), and then go to Edit tab, paste special, and select 'Comments'.

2. Select the row underneath the ones you want held in place. Click on the 'Windows' tab, and then click on 'Freezepanes'.

Hope these are sufficient.