Thread: Google Reader

Smile Google Reader

Does anyone else use this? Great service.
    ~NOBODY CARES~

Default Re: Google Reader

Several times per day. It's excellent, although lacks a couple of features I'd quite like.
    If you are interested in reading fanfiction on a mobile device or ebook reader, please visit flagfic.com.

Like...?
    ~NOBODY CARES~

Quote Originally Posted by bot View Post
    Like...?
    The ability to mark stuff as "I don't want to read this, but get it the hell out of my face". Currently the only option is to mark as read, which isn't what I want.

I'd also like the ability to tag / label stuff for later reference - the only way to do this at the moment is by starring it.
    If you are interested in reading fanfiction on a mobile device or ebook reader, please visit flagfic.com.

Quote Originally Posted by Erayd View Post
    The ability to mark stuff as "I don't want to read this, but get it the hell out of my face". Currently the only option is to mark as read, which isn't what I want.
    I just keep pressing 'k' :P

I'd also like the ability to tag / label stuff for later reference - the only way to do this at the moment is by starring it.
    I also star 'read-later' items, which sometimes conflict with my real favourites :P

I also seem to be having issues with the Penny Arcade feed where approx. 10 items get marked as read every now and then..
    ~NOBODY CARES~

Quote Originally Posted by bot View Post
    I just keep pressing 'k' :P
    Which just marks them as read, and biases the recommendation towards stuff you don't want to read. I want something that does *not* mark items as read (and ideally also tells Google that I have no interest in the content), but removes them from my view.

I also star 'read-later' items, which sometimes conflict with my real favourites :P
    I tend to star stuff for posterity, when what I really want to do is use something like GMail's labels. I don't usually have a list of "to-read" items; in most cases if I haven't read it by the end of the day, I don't care about it.

I also seem to be having issues with the Penny Arcade feed where approx. 10 items get marked as read every now and then..
    I don't read Penny Arcade sorry, so can't help you there.

Which just marks them as read, and biases the recommendation towards stuff you don't want to read. I want something that does *not* mark items as read (and ideally also tells Google that I have no interest in the content), but removes them from my view.
    They could implement something similar to what they have in Gmail - Priority Inbox, marking items as either important or unimportant..