Page 1 of 14 12345678 ... LastLast

Default ASB Steals Money from Pctek

Yesterday I went to the ATM in the mall and deposited a certain number of $100 notes. Counted 3 times.

It's the special fast ATm so it showed straight away. Went home and paid the large bill which left a pathetic amount in account, this morning I check account and oh look, they have ERROR IN DEPOSIT and have deducted $100.

I ring thinking if they say I had 1 less $100 note, how do we prove that? They could in theory say I dropped it on the floor or something.

But no, they say the processing centre had x $100 notes and 2 $50 notes, therefore totalling what they say.

Massive wrong, not only did I not bank any $50's - we didn't have any at all. In fact I never have money at all, so it's not like I pulled the wrong amount of my wallet.

They say the processing centre is filmed counting it out so I have insisted I want to see the footage of them removing $50s as well as $100s from my deposit packet. They are getting back to me.

Thieves!!!

I have to say, next time we ever bank cash, I'm noting quantities of individual notes on the bag and the damn serial numbers and taking a copy of it and giving them one in the bag too. How else can we trust them/prove it?
    wipe your paws.

Default Re: ASB Steals Money from Pctek

Well, that's a novel way of stealing from their customers - they usually do it in the form of bank fee deductions, so you don't notice so much...

It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument. -William G. McAdoo, lawyer and politician (1863-1941)

Computer Tech

The should also be camera footage of the ATM perhaps.
    Get them to find the footage of you making the deposit and it might show on there.

I like the bit where they say you had 2 x $50, when you didnt have any at all...that is an epic fail!
    Please keep us informed....You maybe able to charge for time spent when they find you are correct....after all, their bank mangers do!
    HOME-LianLi PC-9F,ASRock P67Pro3, i5 2500k @4Ghz, 8Gb HyperX, ASUS GTX660 OC, Corsair Force 120 SSD, HP zIPS22", HOME SERVER HP ML110G6 HOST-Plex\Ubuntu\8

Purveyor of Odd Things Empathy.'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johcar View Post
    Well, that's a novel way of stealing from their customers - they usually do it in the form of bank fee deductions, so you don't notice so much...
    +1
    Best DotA Quote

Guinsoo's used to turn them into sheep but at the request of New Zealand players it was changed due to the complete mental barrier that ensured and their inability to play the game after the item was used.

Whoa looking forward to the outcome on this, keep us posted please
    Multiplayer games are the Shizz "Theres nothing like killing your mates!" Me

IT Contractor

It's a crappy situation, but I think it's a bit harsh to say they're "stealing" at this point. - especially that it's ASB who are stealing. There's clearly been a mix up, and personally I'd withhold judgement until they've had a chance to rectify things. If they still don't fix it up, then sure, call them names :P
    Windows 7 x64 // i5-3570K // 16GB DDR3-1600 // GTX660Ti 2GB // Samsung 830 120GB SSD // OCZ Agility4 120GB SSD
    Windows 7 x64 // Phenom II 955 // 8GB DDR3-1333 // GTX460 1GB // Corsair Force3 120GB SSD
    Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9505

Its not as if they ever over count the money, its always short thats the problem.
    Its amazing how Potatoes give us chips,fries and Vodka.

Get your s*** together every other vegetable.

How does one person have so much bad luck?

Quote Originally Posted by sam m View Post
    How does one person have so much bad luck?
    Positive attitude perhaps?
    "The life of the dead is placed in the memory of the living." Cicero