Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Donating Blood

Default Re: Donating Blood

I have blood taken out of me at least once a year for testing purposes. The procedure is very much the same. If you are afraid of needles look the other way, which I do.
    Intel i5-2500K 3.3GHz Quad Core, Asus P8Z 68-V LE MB, GTX 560 TI 1GB DDR5 graphics card, Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit, 8gb Corsair Vengeance DDR3 ram , Viewsonic VX2233WM LCD 1080P HD Monitor. Seagate Barracuda 1 TB 64MB Sata3 HD

i havent given blood but have had a bloodtest.

the nurse who took(stole) my blood was just chatting to me for a little bit, soon after "all done". didnt feel a thing.
    Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.

JOIN THE FREE FORUMS!!!!!!

What all the others said. Totally painless - sometimes a wee sting as it goes in, but as recommended by the others, don't watch if you are at all anxious.

A Good Citizenship Award awaits you sir.

they keep you preoccupied and its over before you know it. you end up walking out thinking; wasnt so bad
    Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.

Good on ya!
    ~NOBODY CARES~

it's no worse( i think) than getting a flu jab

Mmmmmmmm.............Kate Tukapa's Avatar

It's pretty painless (unless you get a student - but they ask first if that's the case - pretty funny watching a student stick the needle in your arm several times without drawing any blood before a real nurse comes and takes over!).

I donate every 3 months - they text, mail and phone me to make an appointment.

Never know when I may need it back!
    Asus P8Z77-V LK, Core i5 3570K, 8GB DDR3 1600, 128GB SSD, 12TB HDD, GeForce GTX660 Ti 2GB, Blu-ray writer, Enermax 750W PSU, Coolermaster CM 690 II Case, Windows 8 Professional

Yeah don't worry it's not that bad. I give plasma so I donate every 2 weeks. I'm actually at 32 donations too Snorkbox! You feel a bit of a prick when the needle first goes in but it's nothing major.

My advice would be to drink plenty of water the day before you go, and make sure you eat the morning before and have lunch too if you're donating in the afternoon. Make sure you also drink water afterwards and don't put too much stress on your arm.

Congrats on being awesome btw.

Wanderer

Depending on the person ... you might be easier or difficult get that needle in you. Everytime I need blood taken off me nurses all fail and I get like 3 or 4 stabs.....

Donating blood becomes more of a habit if you keep on doing it and the Nurses are professionals, you won't feel a thing. Have been donating since I turned 18, 4 times a year, so my donations are well over 100. Good on you for doing it, they always need more blood.

Incidentally, in my young days in the Army, we used to donate "live" - straight out of you into the injured guy next to you. No real control over how much they took. Real scary stuff, but worth it.

sarel
    Fishing is not a matter of life or death, it's more serious than that.