Default Linux RPM giving me a hard time

Hey there, another small question - I downloaded the accelerated Nvidia drivers for my TNT2 off of their website, but upon trying to install the first of two RPM files (NVIDIA_kernel-1.0-1541.rh71up.i386.rpm), I get the following error:

'error: NVIDIA_kernel-1.0-1541.rh71up.i386.rpm does not appear to be a RPM package'

This is confusing, and I've redownloaded the files twice, so either Nvidia have packaged this file incorrectly, or yeah, something is wrong.

I'm using the command 'rpm -ivh NVIDIA_kernel-1.0-1541.rh71up.i386.rpm' and am ending up with the above error.

Suggestions, fixes, anything?
    please help me - I can't take much more of this low refresh rate - my eyes are in pain

Thanks alot to everyone so far,
    Jonathan Giles

Default Re: Linux RPM giving me a hard time

Hi, just had a look at the site and agree you have got the right ones, All I can think of is emailing there support and asking them because your right they should work!

Sorry I can't be more help
    Craig

Thanks, I wasn't sure who's problem it was, I'm going to email them now - here's hoping for a quick response - this flickering is killing me

Thanks alot,
    Jonathan

Actually, I note they have slightly older drivers available to download also, so I think I might give the most recent of those a download.

And then I'll just wait for the next release - they probably just packaged them incorrectly.

Cheers,
    Jonathan

If RPM says that, it is generally right. Are you sure that the FTP download was in binary mode? This has always been a nasty trap. ASCII files transmitted as binary are salvageable ... binary files transmitted in ASCII mode are *spoiled*(to put it politely. (To say nothing of the files in Simtel which were once stored on a couple of DEC-10s in the US desert).
    If you have successfully downloaded most of the RH distrib. your system must have been defaulting to binary, but has something changed?

Nothings changed, downloaded these two RPM's in the same fashion as I downloaded Redhat Linx 7.1.

I also tried the .tar.gz files, got errors with those too.

Anyways,
    I'll give it a try later in the year,
    Jonathan