Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default getting clear.net.nz emails through xnet fibre

Hi there, I have just moved to a new subdivision and we had to get world exchange as we have fibre cables - my work email is with clear.net.nz I can receive emails but can not send them and I am not sure what to do as no one is being helpful - please help me

Pedantic & Cynical Member Snorkbox's Avatar

Default Re: getting clear.net.nz emails through xnet fibre

To send emails you need to connect directly to the SMTP server of whatever ISP you use at work.

i have tried that i had pop.clear.net.nz and then smtp.xnet.co.nz but it did not work at all kept coming back with an error, and then I changed the port from 25 to 465 and that did not work either. If I put my vodafone vodem on it works fine but I would like to hook up to my fibre wireless if I can as it defeats the purpose of having it if I have to use the vodem all the time. Everyone I contact via phone just does not help as they say its not their responsibility to tell me. The issue is I have a clear email which I use for business and I have got a xnet.co.nz server any suggestions?

What is the error message you are getting.
    What email program are you using.

More info needed as Safari says.

If you can't explain whether you are at work or at home and what ISPs you are using and where there would be little we can do to help. Or do you work from home and have a Voda T-Stick. If you have a T-Stick then you unplug that and connect via the Fibre rather than wireless.

i am trying to use outlook 7 and when I am using the wireless or plugged it does not work I work from home mostly and that xnet world exchange and I have only had this issue for the last 7 days since I moved in so I have been using my vodem as that works for me when I am on the go in other centres.

Outlook 7? Is that Outlook 2007 as in part of Office?

Wanderer

What does the error actually say?

I have sparingly used Vodafone simcard (with a mobile phone) to my PC when my ADSL modem died, I couldn't send email out. So I would double check your smtp server settings again .....

If you are on VODEM, don't you need Vodafone's smtp server for it to work Or maybe the Xnet's smtp server is not restricted..

Wanderer

Quote Originally Posted by paulinao View Post
    i have tried that i had pop.clear.net.nz and then smtp.xnet.co.nz but it did not work at all kept coming back with an error, and then I changed the port from 25 to 465 and that did not work either. If I put my vodafone vodem on it works fine but I would like to hook up to my fibre wireless if I can as it defeats the purpose of having it if I have to use the vodem all the time. Everyone I contact via phone just does not help as they say its not their responsibility to tell me. The issue is I have a clear email which I use for business and I have got a xnet.co.nz server any suggestions?
    I assume you are talking about MS Outlook -> File -> Accounts - More .. -> Double click your account and Advanced -> pop (incoming server) is 110 port and outgoing server is port #25. Alternatively; next to the incoming pop server. Press the button "Use Default".

I have Clear Net emails, pops ok, I am with Actrix ISP. I send them out using Actrix's smtp.
    Last edited by Nomad; 19-02-2011 at 12:24 AM.

thanks for your comments, its not the vodem I am trying to fix its my wireless internet, I can retrieve the clear emails through the pop server but when i go to send them smtp.clear.net.nz does not work as I am on xnet (world exchange) so when I change it to smtp.xnet.co.nz it tells me it cant do it - for some reason the xnet ISP does not like clear. I will try again and get the error message down and post it on here