Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Default Re: NZ Election date set as Sat 26 Nov 2011

Labour and National can suck my ......................

We need somebody decent to help fix this country.

Come on, these Politicians are stupid! even John Cleese or Micheal Palin could run this country better, and they are only comedy writers.
    PC: Intel® Core™ i5-650 3.20 GHz | Intel® Desktop Board DQ57TM | 8GB DDR3 RAM | Radeon HD 4870 | Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Where is Metla these days Chilling_Silence's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snorkbox View Post
    And it's $300 million per week currently and not 250 as stated by the way.
    I stand corrected. Thanks :-)

Quote Originally Posted by goodiesguy View Post
    We need somebody decent to help fix this country.

Come on, these Politicians are stupid! even John Cleese or Micheal Palin could run this country better, and they are only comedy writers.
    Care to expand on this line of reasoning?

While hone harawera remains in their ranks, the maori party will not receive another vote from me.

Uneqfglyr, shpx lrnu ubergeek85's Avatar

I don't fancy any of the parties in the house all that much really. Labour? Pass, they don't know diddly about squat, only thing they ever got right was LLU. National? They have tried hard in the recession, I'll give them that, and they started the UFB project, they really are the lesser of several evils, but they're in bed with the Maori party, I have no respect for them because of that.

Other options; Maori party; pass, they're the biggest bleeps around. Greens; bunch of tree-huggers, couldn't get bleep done if their lives depended on it. ACT/NZ First; maybe. United Future/Progessive; hell no.

I've decided instead to join the Pirate Party of NZ, which isn't yet a registered party (have to get 500 members), I'll play a wait-and-see game to see which party gets my vote - which will also be my first vote BTW.

Quote Originally Posted by roddy_boy View Post
    While hone harawera remains in their ranks, the maori party will not receive another vote from me.
    Thought you were a good white boy, why the hell would you vote for them in the first place?! Also, good to see you back, you had your own thread and everything.
    Last edited by ubergeek85; 02-02-2011 at 11:58 PM.
    ........,-O
    .......O(_)) ubuntu 11.04 because I'm insane
    ........`-O

Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    I think I scare ubergeek85. His first words to me were 'you banned me'.

I had my own thread?

Lol i'm not a white boy, what gave you that idea? I'm actually ngati porou. I teach kapa haka at a marae in kawerau at the weekends. We recently won a competition at the te tii marae, i was pretty proud of the guys. When we got back to the whare, we sang a few waiatas and cooked up a mean hangi. Was tu meke.

But yeah nah voted maori party in the election last year as i couldn't decide who to vote for. The maori party had safe electorate seats but a very small party vote, and as such was going to cause an overhang. I think 120 MPs is more than enough for nz, so my vote was really to try to reduce the number of politicians.

Uneqfglyr, shpx lrnu ubergeek85's Avatar

http://forums.pcworld.co.nz/showthread.php?t=114775

I always thought you were a whitey from that photo of you dressed up as a chick as a kid, bwahaha
    ........,-O
    .......O(_)) ubuntu 11.04 because I'm insane
    ........`-O

Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    I think I scare ubergeek85. His first words to me were 'you banned me'.

Quote Originally Posted by ubergeek85 View Post
    I don't fancy any of the parties in the house all that much really. Labour? Pass, they don't know diddly about squat, only thing they ever got right was LLU. National? They have tried hard in the recession, I'll give them that, and they started the UFB project, they really are the lesser of several evils, but they're in bed with the Maori party, I have no respect for them because of that.
    I beg to differ. LLU could have been handled better, and from what I understand the rules in place are *so* strict that Telecom can't roll out their ADSL2+ / VDSL2 network sooner due to the fact it has to go live within 90 days of the "set" timeframe, or they get stung with massive fines. Personally, I wouldn't give the Labour party any credit there
    I mostly do Bitcoin & DigiByte things these days, feel free to say hi on Twitter: https://twitter.com/dgb_chilling

Before you ask a question here, or before you get upset by a response, see here:
    http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-...ons.html#intro

Quote Originally Posted by Chilling_Silence View Post
    The reason we're borrowing $250 million a week is largely because of the state that the previous Labour Government left us in. If Goff had his way, we'd be borrowing 1.5x that in the next 4 years ...
    That saying is as old as the hills Chill. People always blame the previous government for the state of the country's finances, whether the Nats or Labour were the previous government at the time.
    Intel i5-2500K 3.3GHz Quad Core, Asus P8Z 68-V LE MB, GTX 560 TI 1GB DDR5 graphics card, Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit, 8gb Corsair Vengeance DDR3 ram , Viewsonic VX2233WM LCD 1080P HD Monitor. Seagate Barracuda 1 TB 64MB Sata3 HD

Quote Originally Posted by Digby View Post
    x2

Which is why we have to increase savings and promote the sharemarket, so that we can buy back some of those companies that send our money overseas.

But, National is going to sell more of our assets!

Quote Originally Posted by Trev View Post
    That saying is as old as the hills Chill. People always blame the previous government for the state of the country's finances, whether the Nats or Labour were the previous government at the time.
    Potentially, but there's no need in deliberately making it worse as Goff would, just to make it "easier" on the lower class dole-living families.
    I mostly do Bitcoin & DigiByte things these days, feel free to say hi on Twitter: https://twitter.com/dgb_chilling

Before you ask a question here, or before you get upset by a response, see here:
    http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-...ons.html#intro