Default i5 760 CPU temps

Is anyone here running an i5 760 in their rig?

And if so what idle/load temps are you getting?

I have mine slightly o/clockd to 2.94ghz with the stock intel cooler idling at around 35C and 70C on load temp.

When it is not o/clockd @ 2.8ghz I am only getting around 4-5C less on idle and on max load temp.

Read on overseas forums that some people are getting mid 20s idle and mid 50s on load with a stock cooler. So I was wondering if my cpu is bonked or my cpu cooler is not seated correctly?

Default Re: i5 760 CPU temps

What are you using to read the temps?, such a large delta suggests to me either the heatsink hasnt got a good contact or the software is incorrectly reading the temps!
    HOME-LianLi PC-9F,ASRock P67Pro3, i5 2500k @4Ghz, 8Gb HyperX, ASUS GTX660 OC, Corsair Force 120 SSD, HP zIPS22", HOME SERVER HP ML110G6 HOST-Plex\Ubuntu\8

Keep in mind in mind the Northern Hemisphere is in the depths of winter and we are sweltering. There may be some differences in the background temps!?

Yup. That IS a typo. 8ftmetalhaed's Avatar

humidity is a major factor in terms of cooling, and unfortunately since we're living in a backwater swamp country (esp in auckland) it means we run far hotter than most other places without air conditioning. Even on a moderately cool summer day, browsing PF1 has my 750 at 43 degrees or so on all cores, when in winter it was running at 25-30 idle with one less fan. Under basic load (left for dead 2) I hit 72 degrees with a fan running in the room too, so yeah, summer sucks for pc's.
    My laptop isn't much better, hitting about 55 degrees idle when in winter hitting 70 under quite heavy loads worried me.
    pc: i5 750 8GB ddr3 xfx 5770 Gbyte UD4P55 1TB WD Green, OCZ Vertex 4 64g SSD CoolMast Glad 600 case w/500 W PSU
    Laptop: Gateway i5 430M 4GB DDR3 ATI 5470 512mb 750gb HDD 15" 768p LED panel

Quote Originally Posted by SolMiester View Post
    What are you using to read the temps?, such a large delta suggests to me either the heatsink hasnt got a good contact or the software is incorrectly reading the temps!
    I'm currently using CoreTemp.

Out of curiousity just how accurate is the actual Windows 7 cpu meter gadget? As it is reading my temps at 10C less than whats gets reported on CoreTemp.

I might just cave and spring out for a Coolermaster Hyper 212+ for my own peace of mind!!

Don't like the idea of my CPU running hotter than my GTX460 which idles at 25C and 59C on max load with just a miserly 50% fan speed!

Your W7 meter gadget reads off the diode that is actually away from the cores themselves. CoreTemp and RealTemp on the other hand reads temps straight from a diode placed within each CPU core.

Idle temps sounds pretty alright to me, but I'm not too sure about the load temps. We are in summer after all, but just check the mounting of the cooler. And make sure that you did not tamper with the thermal pad that's already pre-applied at the bottom of the cooler.
    Meh....

Quote Originally Posted by qazwsxokmijn View Post
    Your W7 meter gadget reads off the diode that is actually away from the cores themselves. CoreTemp and RealTemp on the other hand reads temps straight from a diode placed within each CPU core.

Idle temps sounds pretty alright to me, but I'm not too sure about the load temps. We are in summer after all, but just check the mounting of the cooler. And make sure that you did not tamper with the thermal pad that's already pre-applied at the bottom of the cooler.
    I had the shop build it all for me, being lazy and all

As i posted earlier, if I end up buying that Coolermaster 212+ cooler... i could unplug one of the case fans and have a near silent(when not on load) PC

Quote Originally Posted by urbanguerilla View Post

Don't like the idea of my CPU running hotter than my GTX460 which idles at 25C and 59C on max load
    LOL. Right now my i5 750 says 32 degrees and I've done nothing except read stuff online so far.
    My GPU runs a lot, lot hotter.

I'm not worried at all.
    wipe your paws.

Mine's sitting at 40... gah the humidity!

Might boot up a game and see if I clock over 70 today.... brb