Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Antivirus 8 spyware removal

Quote Originally Posted by kahawai chaser View Post
    There is also the free of virus blog that has a removal package for fake anti viruses, which includes Antivirus 8.
    Thanks for the link, at first glance it looked to be useful but after reading the comments on the download link and the problems it caused some people I think it needs to be used with caution.

Making some progress with this, managed to install and run malwarebytes and if found some infections.
    The AV 8 popups seem to have disappeared but getting IE browser redirects to strange websites when doing a google search. Also sometimes bluescreens and goes to safe mode when doing google searches
    Gouing to try http://www.superantispyware.com/ and see if that can find anything.
    Has anyone any experience with Hitman Pro as another option to try.

You dont need that hitman pro, you have to be careful, some programs say they can do it all, when in fact they cant, OR are in fact another form of an infection.

All you should have to do, is run Malwarebytes, Spybot S& D, and Super antispyware - all on FULL scan modes - making sure System restore is turned off, other wise they can reinfect. ALSO download and run Trojan remover - after its run or before , doesn't matter - under utilities - Run every thing - you will need to reset your home page after.

Some of these infections can be tricky to remove, and the programs mentioned dont always remove everything. there are several other options if AV8 wont install, or you have other problems still exist, but I dont mention here as some tasks require a bit of " hands on" OR the programs do have the effect of damaging the OS if you dont know what you are doing with them, and you have to know how to reverse the damage .
    Update / Upgrades = Replace old bugs with new ones.

Thanks Wainui, I will be careful.
    It looks like what is there at the moment is some sort of google redirect virus so just wondered if there was something specific for that. I noticed there appears to be a lot of people getting google redirects problems when I did some research.

Redirecting is one of the things some malware does - trying to get you to buying some rubbish.
    Update / Upgrades = Replace old bugs with new ones.

Routers can get hit too if you use one. If if you've tried everything thats been posted already (and it doesnt work). Reset / configure the router. That'll fix the prob

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy Gonzales View Post
    Routers can get hit too if you use one. If if you've tried everything thats been posted already (and it doesnt work). Reset / configure the router. That'll fix the prob
    Well she is in Melbourne on a Vodafone wireless connection so that may not apply.
    This is the exact problem.
    http://forums.pcworld.com/index.php?...edirect-virus/
    It seems a lot of people have this issue and it does not always get removed after running the normal removal programs. Haven't tried them all as yet so hope yet.

Regarding the redirect issue - have you tried resetting IE, as it seems to have fixed the problem for the OP in your link.

In IE its in Tools>Internet Options>Advanced tab>Reset

Quote Originally Posted by Blam View Post
    Regarding the redirect issue - have you tried resetting IE, as it seems to have fixed the problem for the OP in your link.

In IE its in Tools>Internet Options>Advanced tab>Reset
    Sorry I should have mentioned that, yes I have, it was one of the first things I did.

Did you disable system restore / try booting into safe mode / safe mode / networking, then do a scan with malwarebytes??