Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Default NzNet Broadband- Review

I posted a topic before asking if anyone has tried nznet, didn't really see anyone that have used it, so i decided to take the plunge and try it out cancellation fee is only 99 dollars or so not too much.

The website isn't best website i've seen but once i got use to it, its simple and easy to navigate. I called up asking for quote the lady behind the phone was very friendly and very informative she knew what she was selling which was a + for me. Sent me an email with all the information i needed and the forms i had to fill out.
    We did run into a little hiccup with emails and such won't really get into it, but sorted out really really quickly.
    As i was telecom before the bigger monthly quota and low pricing was what attracted me to try nznet, they were very quick in getting me my connection, they even organized it to happen 1day before my telecom plan renews which made it easier on me, although my net was down for 2 hours from around 7am-9am, it was back up fairly quick.
    Now onto the speed, admittedly it is not as fast as telecom however the speeds is fairly consistent and you don't feel the drop in speed at "peek" hours, youtube buffers fairly quickly, i get speeds of 300kb+ from gamershell and other sites like rapidshare, onto online gaming, there is little to no lag issues i don't get spikes either, you do gain around 5 more ping than telecom but nothing to really cry about (around 90ping on aus severs). At the end of the day im paying 90 dollars for 100gb with decent speeds, i've only used it for 2 weeks so far but i don't regret trying this at all.
    This is just my 2cent you might have had a different experience but from what i have seen i can recommend nznet.
    And no i don't work for them nor do i get a discount for writing this, or do i?
    Anyways thought i would just contribute to this community.

Where is Metla these days Chilling_Silence's Avatar

Default Re: NzNet Broadband- Review

That's cool, I know there's a few members here who've been interested in NZNet, so thanks for the post
    I mostly do Bitcoin & DigiByte things these days, feel free to say hi on Twitter: https://twitter.com/dgb_chilling

Before you ask a question here, or before you get upset by a response, see here:
    http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-...ons.html#intro

Forgot my login from 1962 jareemon's Avatar

How fast is it? www.speedtest.net

Where is Metla these days Chilling_Silence's Avatar

It'll vary largely depending on what exchange you're attached to, and how far from the exchange you are.

Personally I know I get 3.9m/bit pretty much every time I do a speedtest (It sometimes varies a tiny, tiny little bit), because I'm around 2KM from the Exchange. My parents however who are about 1.5KM closer to the exchange get a solid 13m/bits every single time ...
    I mostly do Bitcoin & DigiByte things these days, feel free to say hi on Twitter: https://twitter.com/dgb_chilling

Before you ask a question here, or before you get upset by a response, see here:
    http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-...ons.html#intro

OK .. my thoughts on speedtest & pingtest ... why test from a server that's only 50miles away when much of the time you'll be looking at US, UK or other overseas sites ???

I'm on a capped rate but seems to be pretty stable at 3.5Mbs even at 7100miles

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1005890632.png

Is it worth comparing apples with apples .... otherwise someone living 200 mtrs away from a box and server is going to have a distinct advantage I would have thought.

Just having a look at their site, so do they supply to domestic houses or is it for business only as naked DSL at $125 for 100Gb seems way cheaper than anyone else at domestic level

Quote Originally Posted by gary67 View Post
    Just having a look at their site, so do they supply to domestic houses or is it for business only as naked DSL at $125 for 100Gb seems way cheaper than anyone else at domestic level
    From what i gather both, im domestic so not sure bout business

Enterprise IT Consultant chiefnz's Avatar

These guys are looking pretty good to me at the moment;

Just got a quote back from them;

Premium DSL package ,phone + ADSL2+ connection at fullspeed up and down (100GB of data)

If you have your own router and can re-configure it yourself you only need to pay NZ$99.99+GST. They are even nice enough to tell you not to cancel your account with your current provider until they have connected you so that you don't have to pay the NZ$145.00 connection fee.

I asked a few more questions, once I get a reply I will post back.

Cheers,

Asus PRIME Z370-P
    Core i7-8700K
    Corsair Hydro H100x
    16GB Klevv BOLT X Gaming 3200MHz DDR4
    Intel 660P 512GB M.2 NVMe
    Crucial P1 1TB M.2 NVMe
    Seagate Barracuda 4TB SATA
    GTX 1660 SUPER OC
    Corsair Crystal 460X
    EVGA SuperNOVA G+ 650W

hi chief
    I'll be interested to hear of any progress?
    Thanks
    "B.M. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else": The working class! Let's make sure we vote next time!