Default DLNA pc blu ray drive

I have a new TV thats supports DLNA. At the moment i am plugging my Dell XPS laptop into it ,via an HDMI cable, to play blu ray discs. Is it possible for it to be recognised as a DLNA blu-ray player, and stream it over my wireless network?
    I dont really want a dedicated blu-ray player, so if the above does not work, is it possible to get a blu-ray drive for my PC to be used as a wireless DLNA device??
    Thanks

Default Re: DLNA pc blu ray drive

Even if you could stream it I wouldnt use wireless. If it doesnt support DNLA, I doubt you'll be able to change it. And, I doubt any other blu-ray player you get for it will work

Ok, so i cant get the laptop to stream Blu ray via dlna, but is there a way of doing using a blu-ray player for my PC tower?
    The only other option is buying Sonys blu-ray player that has built in wireless n?

Old dick-head

What OS is on your Dell machine?

My new Samsung TV supports DLNA and can "see" my wife's Windows 7 laptop.

But the TV also came with an app. which I can run on my main XP machine and that allows it to be seen by the TV as well.

Im running Vista Premium. The TV can see my machine and most of the media files but i have been looking at trying to stream directly from the Blu ray disc itself, which i have come to the conclusion is not possible.
    I have a trial version of Mezzmo media server which i have been messing around with, this allows me to stream DiVx stuff, which is handy.
    The only way i can see of strewaming blu-ray, is by buying a dedicated dlna blu-ray player (which i was trying to avoid) or ripping the discs to the PC running the media server.
    We shall see.....