Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question part time job with more flexible hours

I'm looking for a job with flexible hours. Can anyone tell me what types of hours are available with the jobs..

pizza hut dough maker and csr
    dominos pizza dough maker and csr
    foodtown checkout operator
    video ezy counter

Are there minimum hours you have to work? Can you choose whether you want to be a dough maker or csr? Do you have to work weekends?

Wanderer

Default Re: part time job with more flexible hours

csr i know. depends, they work in rosters. some who are full time students manage to do it after class and in the weekends like on a saturday. i guess a part time shift might be 3 or 4hrs ...

they tend to have shifts like 8am - 3pm i think. 1pm - 8pm. those are full time.
    part time might be a split i guess.

those are more the std csr jobs thou, i guess food types might have them like much lesser csr operators in the mornings and more on later and into the later nights. like they might start at 10am for eg....

dunno what they need specifically. i think it depends on what they need. you may find that csr jobs typically put people into rosters so they will all work in nights and evenings within reason. like a student may not have daytime if they cannot do that... you seem like a student, so for students, they may want evening and weekend work, those i guess are the times in demand. you may find that for food centres that not many people are employed in the day time, i mean who buys pizzas 10am or 2pm on a weekday

some time ago i worked for student services before and they had a heck more staff on start of the semesters and over the xmas holidays. when they know they get more student enquiries. then cos they were on a temp contract, they all get laid off ....
    Last edited by Nomad; 23-08-2010 at 09:30 PM.

At maccas you tell them your avalibility and they give you shifts then. Shifts are always min 3hrs and usually 4-6 hours. Can also get 9hr shifts. They are quite flexible with hours etc.

I have mates that work at supermarkets and other fast food places and they are pretty similar with their policies.

Hope I helped!

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    csr i know. depends, they work in rosters. some who are full time students manage to do it after class and in the weekends like on a saturday. i guess a part time shift might be 3 or 4hrs ...

they tend to have shifts like 8am - 3pm i think. 1pm - 8pm. those are full time.
    part time might be a split i guess.

those are more the std csr jobs thou, i guess food types might have them like much lesser csr operators in the mornings and more on later and into the later nights. like they might start at 10am for eg....

dunno what they need specifically. i think it depends on what they need. you may find that csr jobs typically put people into rosters so they will all work in nights and evenings within reason. like a student may not have daytime if they cannot do that... you seem like a student, so for students, they may want evening and weekend work, those i guess are the times in demand. you may find that for food centres that not many people are employed in the day time, i mean who buys pizzas 10am or 2pm on a weekday

some time ago i worked for student services before and they had a heck more staff on start of the semesters and over the xmas holidays. when they know they get more student enquiries. then cos they were on a temp contract, they all get laid off ....
    what business are you referring to regarding the csr? dominos?

Wanderer

Quote Originally Posted by markh View Post
    what business are you referring to regarding the csr? dominos?
    the csr jobs i have worked in the past are big corps or govt depts.

i don't know what fast food restaurants want, never worked in them but after working in a csr job my view is that employers need to fill a void. if most people want to avoid working evenings and weekends, is that sustainable? i would gather csr jobs in general work in shift rotations, unless you are a student and have a stipulated timetable. my guess would be that dominos or whoever will roster people in where the demands are. in a csr floor, you are essentially meeting demand of customers phone calls, you have to get the queue down to a manageable level. csr QA peopel tend to be concerned about avg customer in queue at any given time, avg call time per customer, and of course meeting customer's needs and expectations.

Wanderer

it depends what the employer needs i guess. they are advertising it, they can't just take whatever ...

if they have enof people who are happy to work in the odd times and you can work the best times then sweet.

more than not it's a 2 sided thing. both sides are expected to pitch in a expected level. so i don't think one could work 3 or 4hrs only on a weekday morning would your peers be happy

at the csr place i worked in, there werem't that many csr operators at 8am or 7am, I think we started then .. but come 9am more people pile in and the floor is full then about 5pm less people on the floor, our csr place closed at 8 or 9pm i think. then again we were generally "clerical" types than pizza types, pizza i guess more people would want to order at night time and weekend. during the day more poeple at school and work.

our managers were concerned about people swapping shifts and then for that person to not turn up to work or monday sickies, they were worried about the balancing part. when they happened the call queue just sky rocketed. senior managers i gather are provided statistics on a daily basis.
    Last edited by Nomad; 23-08-2010 at 11:28 PM.

@ markh

are you a student of any tertiary institution???

if you are, you can always look at student job search.
    Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.

JOIN THE FREE FORUMS!!!!!!

Wanderer

if you are a student, IRD have advertised positions clearly targetting students. for that i guess their expectation is after class and on a Saturday which their call centre is opened. you gotta have some realisitc expectations eh ...

Wanderer

Quote Originally Posted by markh View Post
    Can you choose whether you want to be a dough maker or csr?
    my guess would be what's your caliber? if you meet their requirements then you may get to choose. they are clearly 2 diff things. ie., a mechanic or a car sales dude both working in the same branch

Apple free in Appleby KarameaDave's Avatar

Dough-maker...counterfeit or forged?
    FTW