Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sheeple

Default Sheeple

Why is it that every time I park my car in a car park away from everyone else, when I come back to the car there is always at least one other car, and often several others, parked right next to me when there are plenty of empty spaces nearby?

Why can't they park in the next space so that there is an empty gap between us?

Do people think their car is going to be lonely parked all by itself or are they too scared to do something different to everyone else?

Silly sheeple.

Default Re: Sheeple

Beware Foxy.... my brother in law parked my sisters new car in a quiet area in Bayfair, Mt. Maunganui. He is of the same mind...park it so no one gives it a shopping trolley scratch.

When we got back an hour later, some retard had tagged it. Rotten sods!!

Ken
    Corgi Ben Kenobi.......Related by Corgi to the Queen

Yes, there is that risk but the local supermarkets where I shop are fairly low risk for that kind of thing, if any risk at all. Far more likely to get banged with a trolley or idiots opening doors. I seem to get a new ding nearly every other week.

Old dick-head

Quote Originally Posted by FoxyMX View Post
    Why is it that every time I park my car in a car park away from everyone else, when I come back to the car there is always at least one other car, and often several others, parked right next to me when there are plenty of empty spaces nearby?
    You must have a lonely looking car. (or perhaps an attractive one)

My wife had a Kia Sportage it was a few days old with about 300k on it and a lady opened her door into the Kia door at Albany Mall.
    I was in the car and quite amazed at her pretending she didnt know she did it. I am sort of glad of NZ gun laws because if I was in the USA I would be carrying a gun her car would have got some nice 9mm holes. If you are going to a supermarket park next to a flash car rather than a ****box car for obvious reasons.
    Last edited by prefect; 08-07-2010 at 11:49 PM.
    Its amazing how Potatoes give us chips,fries and Vodka.

Get your s*** together every other vegetable.

Park somewhere that 4wds can't get near you. They seem to swat other cars out of all proportion to real cars.
    Entropy is not what
    it used to be.

Because you have selected the most ideal space, so everyone else chooses nearby. Next time park far or in an inconvenient spot and see if they park next to you.
    If they still do, then you might need to worry.
    wipe your paws.

Peripatetic member

Simple!
    You have a magnetic personality.
    And traces of it are left in your car, even when empty.
    So it attracts others. Obvious...

I parked in a supermarket's underground carpark recently and as I opened my door it touched (Note: touched, not banged!) the car next to me, which had a lady sitting in it. I was only dropping off a prescription so I was back inside of a couple of minutes and when I got back to my car, the lady was out taking down my reg number.

I asked her why and she said I had dented her car and pointed to a clear 'car park' impact dent in her passenger door. I told her I didn't, she said I did, so I opened my door and showed her that where it touched was several cm away from the dent she was claiming I made.

I never heard anything more about it, but I'll bet it was just a convenient excuse to get an old dent fixed and if I hadn't caught her at it, she might well have succeeded.

On the other hand, in my old car I had the passenger's door so badly dented by the driver's door of an SUV that it fouled the rear of the front guard and we could not even open it wide enough for Mrs T to get in. To do that much damage they would have had to kick their door open with a size 12 boot.

Cheers

Billy 8-{)
    Some days it's not even worth chewing through my restraints!

In a 1920s time warp Terry Porritt's Avatar

The width of car parking spaces in general seems somewhat smaller now than in the days around 30+ years ago when everyone seemed to be driving a big Holden, Falcon or Valiant.

If cars aren't parked exactly central between the lines then great care has to be taken to avoid the door touching the neighbouring car in many car parks.