Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Kitten's Lair, Fortified Bunker, 300m below ground

Default Re: new navara "most powerful on earth" commerical

Quote Originally Posted by tweak'e View Post
    end of the day, the guys i know with the yank tanks prefer the smaller utes because the yank tanks get stuck easier than the smaller utes. even in a simple paddock and they go get the hilux (or whatever) and drive down the same paddock and pull it out. they literally run rings around the big utes. they are just to big and heavy.
    Apparently a Dodge Ram weighs just over two tonne (yeah there are bigger ones out there) which isn't too much more than a hilux.
    If you want a bloody Ford F650... Yeah that's about 7 tonne.
    IMO, too much BS. If you have road tyres even a LC or a Defender will get stuck in a muddy puddle.

anyway back on topic, someone reminded me that toyotas landcruiser ute is 151kW of power and 430Nm of torque. so nissan have really stuffed up their advertising, you can buy more powerfull utes even in NZ.[/QUOTE]

Not the same class, I think.
    Who was the first that forged the deadly blade?
    Of rugged steel his savage soul was made.

Dodge Ram getting stuck in a ditch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFH39T0Z0WI

All a question of if you like Yank tanks,refinement over brute force,and I don't.
    "The life of the dead is placed in the memory of the living." Cicero

I have driven a (2007) Ranger, (2008) Hilux and a (2006) Narvara. My pick of the bunch is by far the Ranger. It isn't the most powerful and doesn't have the best trim, but it is just a damn good ute. No frills, interior is very solid, exterior isn't all plastic-y like the Hiluxes.

Wouldn't touch any other Ford, but the Ranger is a damn nice ute.

Saying that, if I actually owned any one of them i would not be complaining.

Mitsi triton can go sulk in a shed somewhere, it is damn ugly.
    Microsoft: "You've got questions. We've got dancing paperclips."

Quote Originally Posted by Cato View Post
    Apparently a Dodge Ram weighs just over two tonne (yeah there are bigger ones out there) which isn't too much more than a hilux.
    If you want a bloody Ford F650... Yeah that's about 7 tonne.
    IMO, too much BS. If you have road tyres even a LC or a Defender will get stuck in a muddy puddle.
    yes there the smaller version. most of the yank tanks here are the middle of the range, probably 3-4 tonners.
    some of those smaller ones are interesting, hilux size with a factory fitted 350 chev

tires etc all make a difference, but then the ute he pulled the yank tank out with has smaller tires and i think it has similar tread.

anyway back on topic, someone reminded me that toyotas landcruiser ute is 151kW of power and 430Nm of torque. so nissan have really stuffed up their advertising, you can buy more powerfull utes even in NZ.
    Not the same class, I think.
    yes, but they are not advertising as "most powerfull in its class" like previously. even if they did, they have their own more powerfull version.

it just sucks that they are advertising the low powered version as the high powered version.

Quote Originally Posted by beeswax34 View Post
    Legally, its called a "puff" or a "mere puff" and the reason companies are allowed to say such things as "Best in the world" or "the most powerful ute in the world" is that people know that its an exaggeration and a lie.
    "best in the world" maybe, you could accept that as "puff". but when you start saying "140kw ute is the most powerful in the world" its gone well past "puff" as your quoting specifics.
    advertising the low powered version of the vehicle as the high powered version is just misleading advertising.
    Tweak it till it breaks

Golden Oldie

Obviously there are still plenty of consumers out there misguided enough to believe marketing hype and advertising -
    If one wants serious information about a vehicle,or any product for that matter, before buying, then the last place one should look is the vendors advertising, especially Tv advertising. Its full of puffery.
    Bloody hard to get redress through the courts unless one can prove that the sale was made on the basis of misrepresentation by the vendor.
    Last edited by KenESmith; 02-07-2010 at 03:52 PM.

theres still a lot of older new car buyers who are not all that pc friendly. they don't get involved in the forums etc. theres a lot of hype and a lot of people who have been waiting for the high powered version, they can be really gutted when they find out their new "most powerfull ute in the world" is in fact the low powered model not the high powered model.
    Tweak it till it breaks

Kitten's Lair, Fortified Bunker, 300m below ground

Quote Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
    Dodge Ram getting stuck in a ditch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFH39T0Z0WI
    That Ram sir, is a V10 with a dodge viper engine. It is not a 4x4. It has about the same capabilities as a Falcon ute, compare it to that.

Funny, an hour I saw Levi Vaga (mitre10 dude) driving around in his Dodge Ram - massive truck for a massive dude. (Too many stickers on it for my taste though, and his right tail lamp doesn't work )

Anyone have a link to that commerical?
    I don't watch TV so I haven't seen it...
    Who was the first that forged the deadly blade?
    Of rugged steel his savage soul was made.