Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default new navara "most powerful on earth" commerical

how do advertising companies get away with making such BS adverts?

the new navara "most powerful on earth" commercial is annoying. they are only selling the 140kw 4 cyl diesel version, not the 170kw V6 diesel version.
    (i think the petrol version is 190 odd kw.) they are advertising the low powered version as the "most powerfull on earth".

if the advert is so full of BS i wonder if the ute is to
    Tweak it till it breaks

Default Re: new navara "most powerful on earth" commerical

It's a Nissan - what do you expect?!?!?

It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument. -William G. McAdoo, lawyer and politician (1863-1941)

Navarra would be our second choice after Hilux.
    wipe your paws.

Kitten's Lair, Fortified Bunker, 300m below ground

The 140kw (not sure where you got this number the ad I remember was 128kw) diesel would be the most powerful thing in it's class no?

The Hilux is 125kw, Colorado is 120kw, Ranger 115kw, Triton 129kw... That's makes it the most powerful in it's class.

Personally, I'd buy a landy V8 ute, but it costs way more than those modern utes.

Too bad this ain't the US. There'd be 22 lawsuits 22 minutes after the first commercial played. Wish we had real pickups here like they do in the states.
    Who was the first that forged the deadly blade?
    Of rugged steel his savage soul was made.

the 128kw "most powerfull in its class" is the old version. this years one has a more powerfull version of that motor, the 140kw. but they also have the much more power v6 version overseas.
    i'm not to sure what the other brands have got at the moment. just annoying that they are pitching BS that its the "most powerfull in the world" yet its lower power than their own top model currently running around overseas

in some ones it would be nice to sue the crap out of these rip off advertises. theres been more than a few BS commercials like that. even one which was taken off air because it was misleading, only for them to rerun the same commercial later on

edit: "real" pickups are not all that good. to big and cumbersome. a hilux can run rings around a yank tank. i know a few guys with them, they are to heavy and to big for NZ style roads/gateways etc. only good thing is large tow rating, but then you need truck license so you might as well just use a real truck.
    Last edited by tweak'e; 01-07-2010 at 03:58 PM.
    Tweak it till it breaks

Kitten's Lair, Fortified Bunker, 300m below ground

I'd be happy if the Hilux had the Landcruiser's V8. That's all. I think these engines are really not all that great for towing. I dont understand why then can put in a massive petrol V6 but can't get the diesel V8. The Landcruiser ute in all it's greatness is way too expensive and spartan... Do they even have airbags or ABS? For something that costs 70+k they should.
    I recall even the aircon isn't standard on them... BS.
    Who was the first that forged the deadly blade?
    Of rugged steel his savage soul was made.

the landcruiser V8 is big. i think they actually widened the chassi to fit it all in on the new landcruiser.
    but still, for the size of the motors, all the utes have low power outputs compared to other vehicles overseas. they have 2 litre diesels putting out more power than the 2.5 -3.0 litres. they had 3 litre 6 cyl diesels putting out 200kw many years ago.
    Tweak it till it breaks

Quote Originally Posted by tweak'e View Post

edit: "real" pickups are not all that good. to big and cumbersome. a hilux can run rings around a yank tank. i know a few guys with them, they are to heavy and to big for NZ style roads/gateways etc. only good thing is large tow rating, but then you need truck license so you might as well just use a real truck.
    My oldboy has a top spec F-150, constant 4WD, Huge V8, Supercharged.

It rapes,kills and then defecates on my Hilux, Comfort and finish are supreme, Paint is immaculate, The power is unreal, and when driving it she wants to roar over the wagons in front rather then go around them.
    better Dredd then dead

No one talking about torque? That's whats gonna give it the grunt, and the Navara does have alot of it

Quote Originally Posted by Metla View Post
    My oldboy has a top spec F-150, constant 4WD, Huge V8, Supercharged.

It rapes,kills and then defecates on my Hilux, Comfort and finish are supreme, Paint is immaculate, The power is unreal, and when driving it she wants to roar over the wagons in front rather then go around them.

untill you drive down the paddock and that heavy weight sinks into the mud, or try to get through a standard gateway while going sideways in the mud at the same time i know a few guys here with them and they have had to tow them out with the hilux/rodeo etc. power and size isn't everything.

even the navara D40 is a bit big. much prefer the smaller D22, hilux etc.

Quote Originally Posted by hueybot3000 View Post
    No one talking about torque? That's whats gonna give it the grunt, and the Navara does have alot of it
    power = torque x rpm, neither means much without putting it into context.
    the new v6 has 550nm of torque
    Tweak it till it breaks