Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anti Spy Wear

Exclamation Anti Spy Wear

Yet another problem after tec. loaded my computer with Anti SpyWear Free Edition. Also has AVG AntiVirus and Windows Defender. Today a notice came up on the lower right of the screen to download update of Anti Spywear. I clicked on and the Magician or whatever it is called prompted me to start, Anyway after it finished I actually ended up with the program GONE!! Have no idea what happened here or if I even need it since I have AVG.
    A further problem is somedays which is now becoming most days I get the blue screen c060021 a (fatal system error) 0x00000000 (oxc0000001 own. The only way I can start up is by taking the risk and press (I forget the words) Normally or whatever. Do this and things run along ok. I have a strong suspicion that it was having the Anti Spywear as well as the AVG and Windows Defender. I am probably wrong but I am sure someone can help as I certainly don't want to go back to the Tec. who I no longer have faith in. Many thanks.

Correct my English!

Default Re: Anti Spy Wear

Uhm.

What's the name of the "Anti Spyware" program?

Free, 24/7 telephone health advice service | Healthline - 0800 611 116

Smoking KILLS. Don't let your life be ruled by cigarettes. | Quitline - 0800 778 778 ‎

Join the unofficial PressF1 WCG team!

SUPER Anti spywear Has a red circul with a line through it and a man with black hat and glasses - sorry this is the only way I can describe it.

Super antispyware is a VERY good program (look to make sure its the same one as in my sig below).

Wouldn't be at all surprised if it was AVG causing the problem.

Would you be pressing/ selecting the last known good configuration option ??

Once the PC starts, you can go into msconfig and disable AVG from starting, or even better still uninstall it.

What OS are you using please.

Also , download Hijackthis, run it and save a log file, copy/paste the complete log back here --- lets have a look at what else is running that may be causing the problem.
    Last edited by wainuitech; 12-06-2010 at 10:17 PM.

What is OS?
    Not pressinf/selecting the last known good configuration option - don't think. Start by pressing "Launch Repair ...etc" then try "Start Normally...ect" Can't remember the exact words. Just downloading Hijackthis which will be very slow as I am only on dial up.
    Had the Super antispywear but today when I updated it it disappeared!! Will com back shortly when I have done the Hijackthis. Thank you very much for your help. Most appreciated.

Downloaded the HijackThis and it says for Vista to right clock on icon and choose Permission as Administrator - this does not come up. I clicked what OS means and I run Vista which is crap!!

Run as admin on right click

Right Click only comes up with the Open - Pin to Start Menu, Add to Quick ..etc, send to and so on but no Administrator

it should be there. what vista are you running? (home basic, home premium, ultimate etc..)
    PC: Intel® Core™ i5-650 3.20 GHz | Intel® Desktop Board DQ57TM | 8GB DDR3 RAM | Radeon HD 4870 | Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Vista Home - I am just about to throw this computer and it's bits out the door as I am on dial up and it is slower than ever and all the valuable help you people are trying to give me is just taking so long and nothing seems to be working so I think I will give up for the night. Again thank you for all your help everyone.