Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Playtech.

Default Playtech.

Hey

So I just tried buying something off this website, I heard some pretty good things about them aswell.

But once I type my details in I get this message.

Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at securegate.zipzap.co.nz.

And when I attempt to e-mail the address PlayTech told me to e-mail. I get this message from Hotmail.

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

Delivery to the following recipients failed.

Is there something I don't know about?

Default Re: Playtech.

Heard a few people say they are Ok, but their warranty is a rip off.
    1 Year Return to Base Warranty ( Upgrade to 3 Years for $99 incl.GST )
    All the parts mentioned in the budget PC I looked at come with a 3 year manufactures warranty any way. (with the exception of the case, thats 1 year and possibly 2 on the Optical drive)

I think I'll just stick with Ascent.

Their payment system just seems so much more simple and easy to use. I can't buy from computer lounge, they decline my card, and playtech. Well the above happens.

in for the kill

Quote Originally Posted by wainuitech View Post
    Heard a few people say they are Ok, but their warranty is a rip off. All the parts mentioned in the budget PC I looked at come with a 3 year manufactures warranty any way. (with the exception of the case, thats 1 year and possibly 2 on the Optical drive)
    Store warranty. Stores only have to accept 1 year on parts before its your problem to get it sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by trinsic View Post
    Stores only have to accept 1 year on parts before its your problem to get it sorted.
    What rubbish. Show me the law that says that.
    wipe your paws.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister View Post
    I think I'll just stick with Ascent. .
    The correct decision. The best company I've ever dealt with. Delivery within 24 hours and they look after any warranty claims. No arguements.
    Jack GOF.

Button Poker

+1 for Ascent they replaced my hard drive and reloaded my operating system free.
    Posts by me should be treated as ideas,Not instructions. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by trinsic View Post
    Store warranty. Stores only have to accept 1 year on parts before its your problem to get it sorted.
    Tell me why 'store warranty' only honers the 1st year of a (say) 5year(Seagate) or 3year(gigabtye) warranty, when every descent tech company or store gives the full manufacturers warranty.

PC World Contributor

Don't confuse the warranty on the system and the warranty on the individual parts.

In other words, if you take the system in with a generic fault in the first year, their warrantly will cover all parts and labour (if its a warranty issue, i.e. not inflicted damage).

If you take the system in with a generic fault after the first year, you'll be covered under the 2, 3 or 5 year parts warranty (as applicable) but you *may* be charged labour (i.e. time spent diagnosing which part is at fault).

If you identify which part is at fault yourself and return just that part to playtech, then you're covered under the original 2, 3 or 5 year parts warranty (as applicable), with no labour/diagnosing charge on top of that.

Playtech would be doing themselves a favour by wording it better, but that's the nuts and bolts of it.

Playtech are just making it easy for themselves by only giving a 1 year warranty on this PC.
    Understandable considering the low margins involved. Most companies doing 1 year PC warranty WILL NOT give the full warranty of the individual parts(some exceptions of course)
    many companies only give 1year on any parts bought separately , no matter what the actual manufacturers warranty is: this is quite common.

edit : just checked their site: its worded perfectly : 1 year
    Warranty: 1 Year Return to Base Warranty ( Upgrade to 3 Years for $149 incl.GST )

-not quite in spirit with the CGA, but to be fair can anyone name any company that openly honors the CGA in spirit & or law ??
    Last edited by sroby; 28-01-2010 at 10:56 AM.