Page 1 of 11 12345678 ... LastLast

Default Do you believe in God?

I personally don't. It just seems way too far fetched to me. But I respect peoples beliefs and don't hassle them about it. But Christains that shove it in your face really piss me off. Example below (a comment send to me on Facebook)

By the way Mike, not believing in God is pretty dumb. In fact the Bible has a name for you. Check out Psalm 14:1.
    I don't believe that anyone with a brain and an open mind can honestly deny the existence of God.

Default Re: Do you believe in God?

God?

Shared a bucket of KFC with him just the other day.

He didn't say much, I pretty much done all the talking, He didn't eat much, I pretty much done all the eating, Then the bastard stiffed me on the bill.

Thats it, No more blind worship from me.
    better Dredd then dead

when we were taught religious education at college(several years ago) i just looked at it from an historical perspective.

religion interests me from what history has said about it, from scientific discoveries of artifacts etc.

i look at it from the outside looking in, not the other way around

i agree with what you say darkstar.

people are entitled to believe what they want to believe.
    Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.

JOIN THE FREE FORUMS!!!!!!

Where is Metla these days Chilling_Silence's Avatar

Yeah Christians definitely attract some loony cases, sadly many of them are deluded in thinking that comments like that actually *help*.

I do believe Christ taught tolerance, and equality. The pharisees in his day weren't interested in certain ethnic or socio-economic groups, but he changed that by sharing a meal with those generally shunned by society. I don't believe with the exception of him getting angry at the money-changers in the Temple, that he would have ever said anything remotely like what your friend has... That said, I'm speculating, so yeah
    I mostly do Bitcoin & DigiByte things these days, feel free to say hi on Twitter: https://twitter.com/dgb_chilling

Before you ask a question here, or before you get upset by a response, see here:
    http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-...ons.html#intro

People can believe whatever they want to believe.

I dislike that religious lot that come to your home and try and tell you to choose their church.
    Last edited by convair; 07-12-2009 at 08:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by convair View Post
    People can believe whatever they want to believe.
    Or not believe even.

I recall an episode of Family Guy where they travel to parallel universes. They go to one with amazing technologies and flying cars etc etc. In that universe Christianity never existed so Scientists could do their thing without being burned at the stake.

But in all seriousness, how much further ahead would be be if Christianity was never around? Because alot of the greatest minds from previous centuries were accused of being crazy and killed when they were actually correct.

But to me it seems kinda hypocrital when christains call non-christians "dumb" and "stupid" because they believe in the Big Bang. But these statements are coming from people who believe that a magic guy who no one can see created the world in 7 days and that the worlds population came from 2 people.

I'd imagine if Christ is real then he will be quite horrified by much of what has been done and said in his name.
    better Dredd then dead

Where is Metla these days Chilling_Silence's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by convair View Post
    I dislike that religious lot that come to your home and try and tell you to choose their church.
    We had two groups of JW's come try that recently
    I mostly do Bitcoin & DigiByte things these days, feel free to say hi on Twitter: https://twitter.com/dgb_chilling

Before you ask a question here, or before you get upset by a response, see here:
    http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-...ons.html#intro

Quote Originally Posted by Sweep View Post
    Or not believe even.
    And that also.