Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Centronics 50

Default Re: Centronics 50

Quote Originally Posted by FIAT LUX View Post
    Probably won't stay long anyway.....
    then why join in the first place
    Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.

JOIN THE FREE FORUMS!!!!!!

This is getting way off topic, but quite simply put, if another member makes a suggestion in a post, there is no need to answer your own version all the time. Some of the posts, while simply confirming someone is either right or there is a better way is fine.

I suggested a couple of places to get the connectors in this post and right away they got shot down by saying you have already looked for 30 minutes. Doing a google search brings up several places in NZ that may have them in seconds.
    There have been times other members (myself included) have worked on problems for several days with not much more than a simple thanks.

Where you wrote:
    I happen to be rather intelligent and have several years of deep experience in computer and other tech related stuff
    Many people here work in the IT business, and have done for many years, some like myself also run their own business.

Some of the members here will have forgotten more than others learn.

Back on topic: tweak'e You could try DSE, I know the Lowert Hutt store had them, you can also buy a complete lead, I was looking for one for a customer only on Monday - about $10.00 for one Mtr I had laying about.

Also try Ascent - they may have full cables, cut the cable out and bingo - you have the connections.

Quote Originally Posted by FIAT LUX View Post
    Please elaborate on that :
    How is the number of threads with my name on be made equal to me "trying to talk every ones suggestions down" .

And the quality of my replies would be what ? and that I have made many replies is yet again equaled by you as : "trying to talk every ones suggestions down" ???

All I can understand from that is that you are unsatisfied that I spend too much time , by your judgement , trying to help people , or giving them my advice or opinions on things that they have asked for opinions on.....
    it seems as though your'e trying to be all high and mighty with your replies as being the absoulute only answer.

and obviously you didnt look hard enough for cablesdirect, then claim you didnt discount looking in nz

anyway, WT's suggestion's were on the right trail.

lets leaver it at that.
    Last edited by GameJunkie; 18-09-2009 at 11:55 AM.
    Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.

JOIN THE FREE FORUMS!!!!!!

Arrow Re: Centronics 50

Quote Originally Posted by GameJunkie View Post
    then why join in the first place
    Read my first post....

Also didn't know that long term commitment were required to participate on any level.....

Quote Originally Posted by wainuitech View Post
    This is getting way off topic, but quite simply put, if another member makes a suggestion in a post, there is no need to answer your own version all the time.
    No ! - if you did the same it would be allright ! - right ???

I suggested a couple of places to get the connectors in this post and right away they got shot down by saying you have already looked for 30 minutes. Doing a google search brings up several places in NZ that may have them in seconds.
    I used Scroogle search and did faithfully my best to go through the N.Z. sites to se if they had listed what the person wanted.
    And that I reported having already on-line checked the site you suggested is construed as "shooting you down" rather than giving information - strange how different people can comprehend things - but if you see things that way you may have some chip on your shoulder.
    And I did remark that the person might find the stuff locally.

Many people here work in the IT business, and have done for many years, some like myself also run their own business.
    So I'm not qualified because I do not own my own business or I have less rights to utter my opinions ????

Some of the members here will have forgotten more than others learn.
    Yeah ! - that would be someone LIKE ME exactly .......

I dont run other peoples suggestions down.

First line post 13-

you have managed to turn as simple request for help into an all out fight.

Give it a break sunshine.

Lets just see what the mods have to say shell we.

How about everyone take a deep breath and let it out slowly. There, that is much better.

Behave people and remember you can just walk away rather than post it.

Thanks Jen.

tweake-- cdynamics Looks like they may have what you want. look under SCSI cables on the left.

Edited: They may be wholesalers - give them a call if you want, they'll soon tell you, or who they supply to.
    Last edited by wainuitech; 18-09-2009 at 12:39 PM.

Post Re: Centronics 50

Thanks Jen.
    Yeah ! , Thanks JEN !!!

fiat your too new to wind people up, I acutally think your replies are mostly very detailed and pretty dam useful but it doesnt mean your always right

and wainuitech, i didnt know you had it in you!