Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Centronics 50

Default Centronics 50

after a male and female Centronics 50 scsi plugs for a project. any one know where i can get one?
    Tweak it till it breaks

Post Re: Centronics 50

All I've been able to find is a place in the U.S. that got it for $8 , it's on this page .

Also I found an adaptor on-line you can use in connection with the more common M-M centronis cable.
    (maybe you can get some of it locallly)

Default Re: Centronics 50

Try Cables Direct They are in Christchurch - they should have them.

Quote Originally Posted by wainuitech View Post
    Try Cables Direct They are in Christchurch - they should have them.
    That was what I thought too - I did however look over the shop you mention and other N.Z. and AU stores without finding it (BEFORE making my post above) , if the stores I saw have it then they do not advertize it.
    I don't "say" you can't get it in N.Z. just that you apparently got to look deeper to find it.....
    (I think I spent something like 30 minutes trying to locate the cables on-line)

(I think I spent something like 30 minutes trying to locate the cables on-line
    Bid deal.

I know DSE had them in Lower Hutt, yet they are not listed on the web site.

Bid deal.

How kind of you !
    Last edited by FIAT LUX; 18-09-2009 at 10:24 AM. Reason: Board system response to input not as expected

Simply pointing out that MANY people here put hours & hours of work helping others.

Just a bit of friendly advice - I've looked over several posts and it appears you are trying to talk every ones suggestions down - I'd suggest you dont do that.

Exclamation Re: Centronics 50

it appears you are trying to talk every ones suggestions down - I'd suggest you dont do that.
    Could you please elaborate heavily on that one ?
    (I think that it is a completely unfair statement , surely I got opinions , and I'm even opinionated , but that I "air" my "sentiments"/"advice"/"thoughts" is not the same as "trying to talk every ones suggestions down") .
    To satisfy you I would have to either "shut up" or repeat what other people "say" or else it would be construed as "trying to talk every ones suggestions down" !!!

I happen to be rather intelligent and have several years of deep experience in computer and other tech related stuff so ofcourse what I write would reflect my experiences and I would attempt to give the best advice I could !

But "listen" friend , take a vote around here and if people generally feel as you I'll be gone in a jiffy !!!
    Probably won't stay long anyway.....

well , yesterday you had your name to ten threads or so in rapid succession....

agree with WT,

quality over quantity of replies, its not a race to put an answer to everything that people ask of on here.

Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.

JOIN THE FREE FORUMS!!!!!!

Exclamation Re: Centronics 50

Quote Originally Posted by GameJunkie View Post
    well , yesterday you had your name to ten threads or so in rapid succession....

agree with WT,

Please elaborate on that :
    How is the number of threads with my name on be made equal to me "trying to talk every ones suggestions down" .

Quote Originally Posted by GameJunkie View Post
    agree with WT,

quality over quantity of replies, its not a race to put an answer to everything that people ask of on here.

And the quality of my replies would be what ? and that I have made many replies is yet again equaled by you as : "trying to talk every ones suggestions down" ???

All I can understand from that is that you are unsatisfied that I spend too much time , by your judgement , trying to help people , or giving them my advice or opinions on things that they have asked for opinions on.....