Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chrome 2 Help

Default Chrome 2 Help

I installed Google Chrome 2 and cant seem to find any option to disable or turn off the "most visited sites" feature which comes up when you click on the new tab link.

If this cant be turned off then its REALLY annoying and is kinda like exposin your privacy by showing graphic description of the the sites you been to

I just want to either open a blank webpage when clicking on new Tab or just my home page.

Thanks

Default Re: Chrome 2 Help

when you open a new tab just click remove thumbnails, see if that works
    Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.

JOIN THE FREE FORUMS!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GameJunkie View Post
    when you open a new tab just click remove thumbnails, see if that works
    Yeah that works but i will have to do that everytime i open chrome browser. I would like to change it by default

Use the Privacy Feature if you want to look at pron

Quote Originally Posted by blam6 View Post
    Use the Privacy Feature if you want to look at pron

or just run ccleaner and delete browser history..................

OR use incognito
    Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.

JOIN THE FREE FORUMS!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by learning View Post
    I installed Google Chrome 2 and cant seem to find any option to disable or turn off the "most visited sites" feature which comes up when you click on the new tab link.

If this cant be turned off then its REALLY annoying and is kinda like exposin your privacy by showing graphic description of the the sites you been to
    Use another browser, last I checked it's only Opera and Chrome that do this. Firefox and IE are good. Not sure about Safari.

Click on the setting icon in google chrome (the one that looks like a wrench) and click options. Then on the basic tab under "home page" click "open this page" and type a URL that you would like to use as your home page. This will disable the most visited sites and instead open the home page you selected each time you open GC
    All the technology and software in the universe is useless when the end user has the IQ of a sack of hammers.

If you don't wish your browsing history recorded, open from the Tools menu a New incognito window.

Quote Originally Posted by beeswax34 View Post
    Click on the setting icon in google chrome (the one that looks like a wrench) and click options. Then on the basic tab under "home page" click "open this page" and type a URL that you would like to use as your home page. This will disable the most visited sites and instead open the home page you selected each time you open GC
    Ah, there had to be an easier answer, that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by beeswax34 View Post
    Thanx bees but this only opens Google as home page every time i open a chrome window BUT when i click on new tab, it still opens tab which displays your recent browser history.

Smurf that would be nice but then it just opens a NEW window which i don't want to do everytime.

Maybe Chrome does not allow this (What were they thinking ! )....sucks I am going back to Firefox like Saucy said.

Chrome is Super Fastttt however compared to IE 7.0... . It seems almost like i have upgraded to higher broadband speed
    Last edited by learning; 26-05-2009 at 09:44 PM.