PDA

View Full Version : My printer stopped printing

28-06-2001, 05:25 PM
Ok,if this is a dumb question because I've run out of ink then so be it!.I tried researching as much as I could before resorting to this but to no avail.So here goes,my printer is a Cannon BJC 210 colour bubble jet printer with a black ink cartridge installed.It was running fine.I was printing some info off the net,10 pages,when on page 6 my computer froze.I went through the motions of getting it up and running again and when back on I was asked by my computer if i'd like to resume.I clicked on yes and waited but nothing happened so I went back to page set up and restarted the printer from the page it crashed at.The computer carried on and finished my the rest of the pages.Then a few minutes later when I tried to print another item the printer went through the motions but bugger me the page was blank!.The first thig I thought was I'm out of ink but looking at the last printed page there was no fading or drift off(?).The ink was consistent to the last letter.I tried help and support,nothing.Tried deleting my computer and reinstalling it incase it had got confused with the crash and my 'manual'restart,nothing.Could it be my printer has simply run out of ink???I kno w that I've given you alot of probably unnessacary info here but being mechanically minded i kno w that the more info the better in the quest of elimination.I hope some one can help and if I have simply run out of ink then the jokes on me,( I'm only 3 weeks young to computing,my little justification),and I'm sorry for wasting your time.Cheers.

29-06-2001, 10:27 PM
hi Peter,
the only way to know for sure is to get another cartridge and test it. If the cartrige goes left and right and the paper proceeds at the normal pace, then it sounds like the ink cartridge. If the page slides rapidly through the printer then it's possibly a software problem.

29-06-2001, 11:44 PM
Try and print a test page directly from the printer not from Windows. With most printers you can do this by pressing the ON/Off switch in conjunction with another button on the printer - load ink, pause etc. Check your printer manual to see how to do it on your printer.
Hope this helps
RL

29-06-2001, 11:56 PM
I think your right.Thanks for the reply.Cheers.