PDA

View Full Version : Word 2007 _ Preview Pane

Scouse
11-05-2009, 03:48 PM
Hi Folks. Using Vista Home Premium and Word 2007, each up to date. I like to use the Organise > Layout > Preview Pane to check before opening a document. Last couple of days has seen the Preview Pane sometimes fail to preview documents. As far as I know, no changes have been made. The Preview Pane works totally on some opening of Word and then on others shows zip as though it did not exist. Anyone had similar problems? Thanks

Scouse
11-05-2009, 11:50 PM
:) Bump :)

Blam
12-05-2009, 10:05 AM
Open the folder options>select "use windows classic folders">Go to view tab>Untick "Show preview handlers in preview pane">Click Ok.

Then Go back into folder options and select "Show preview and filters" and go to view tab>Retick "Show preview handlers in preview pane">OK

Blam

Scouse
12-05-2009, 10:22 AM
Hi Blam6. Thanks for your help - followed to the letter. I regret - no change. :rolleyes:

Blam
12-05-2009, 10:39 AM
Does this work?
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928149

And does preview pane work when you select office button>open?

Blam

Scouse
12-05-2009, 11:03 AM
Hi again Blam6. Followed the site instructions..... no change.

Odd thing I noticed last evening but forgot to mention in previous post.... the Preview Pane shows fully any .pdf files which I select. But not .doc or .docx.

When I click on Open, I see "Select a file to Preview", when I click on Folder (not expecting a preview) I see "No preview available" but when I click on a word document I get no response - the preview pane is completely blank.

Google suggests that I am not alone in having this problem, with some voters suggesting that they have addressed the problem to Microsoft wihout it being resolved. Thanks for your help.