PDA

View Full Version : Multiple Monitors

Cato
09-05-2009, 11:40 AM
I am planning a new build soon, and Iím thinking of running three monitors. How would go about doing this?

Most graphics cards come with two outputs these days, so I would need two graphics cards, correct?

Now, if I had a crossfire or SLI setup, could I run three monitors from two graphics cards in either?

Any ideas would be great.
Cheers guys.

Speedy Gonzales
09-05-2009, 11:43 AM
Some mobos have 3 adapters (DVI/VGA and HDMI). Which will save you buying a separate card (altho this will depend on WHAT youre planning to use it for.

If you want a videocard, it depends what brand you get (ATI/Nvidia). The ATI card on this has VGA / DVI and HDMI on it. I would use the HDMI (since the monitor is HD). But, I've connected it to the Xbox.

The DVI is connected to the monitor.

Cato
09-05-2009, 11:52 AM
Thanks Speedy.

I am considering an SLI setup at the moment.
And running a 22" LCD with two 19"s, would be the ideal setup for me. But if it would be too much a hassle to run 3 of them, I could probably live with a couple of 22"s.

Would it effect the performance in SLI running monitors off both cards, would this even be possible? (Same question for crossfire).

Blam
09-05-2009, 03:17 PM
If you were to run them at a high resolution, you would need a reasonable powerful set of cards.(esp. if you're going to game with all 3 screens!)

But it would work fine.

Blam