PDA

View Full Version : Microsft Outlook Folders Disappeared!

Chemical Ali
22-04-2009, 06:55 PM
I have my e-mail messages sorted into various different folders within Outlook (eg: teaching, encyclopedia britannica, social studeis, windows home server, wife, etc ...).

Suddenly today when I go into Outlook all of these folders have disappeared! I can no longer view them (and there fore access the e-mail messages contained in these folders) under the All Mail Folders Pane on the left-hand side.

I haven't done anything differently so totally mystified - hoping that someone can help

Sweep
22-04-2009, 07:07 PM
So which version of Outlook are we talking about. And were you close to 2 Gigs in file size?

Chemical Ali
22-04-2009, 08:54 PM
Outlook 2003 - could be near the 2GB limit but wouldnt have thought so ...

ronyville
22-04-2009, 09:14 PM
Can you still see the inbox? Can you do a screenshot if possible.

Sweep
22-04-2009, 09:33 PM
Outlook 2003 pst file size is 20 Gig by default. At this stage I have no clue as to why the folders disappeared. Have you got an archive.pst in the left pane?
Have you recently compacted the pst files?

Chemical Ali
22-04-2009, 10:30 PM
I havent recently compacted the folders.
The wierd thing is 3-4 of the messages had the red flag (for follow up) status and I can retrieve those via the For Follow Up folder in the All Folders List but cant get to the actual folders themselves!
I can also see size details or the filders through the folder sizes link in Outlook.

Screenshot attached (hopefully).