PDA

View Full Version : Outlook 2003 email

WalOne
22-04-2009, 01:15 PM
I've established an alias with my ISP as a means of identifying a service to existing members of a club (i.e. there's no sinister motives :) ) The email header though appears as "myrealname [myrealname@orcon.net.nz] on behalf of alias [alias@orcon.net.nz]" It's more untidy and confusing than anything, and gets away from the original purpose. Can anyone tell me if there's a way to remove the "myrealname"content?
:thanks

dzina
22-04-2009, 01:38 PM
You are a little light on info but i will tell you how i have it running so you can see what fits your setup.

Firstly did you get an alais or a child account? A child account is usually a TOTALLY seperate email account UNDER the main account. If just an alais maybe this is the issue, you may need to check with you ISP.

I have 4 accounts in my OL 2003 (we have a domain name so much easier for me :)). I can select who to 'send' the email from and it shows nothing of the other accounts.

IN OL2003 go to TOOLS>EMAIL ACCOUNTS> Add new >Mail and follow the instructions. When you see email etc put in the new alais, not you 'main' email address. The UN & PW may be the same or may be new depending on how the ISP has set things up.

Depending on how your ISP has set things up you may start getting 2 copies of all emails (if you are sharing a POP box) but i would think they have given you a seperate POP box.

Try that and post back if you need more help.

WalOne
22-04-2009, 03:50 PM
Thanks for the input Dzina, I got it sorted ok, by following your suggestion re setup in OL. Thanks :thanks