PDA

View Full Version : roll over text

Ron Bakker
19-04-2009, 08:09 PM
Hi guys
Hey I'm just in the process of rebuilding my site. I have a page here (http://www.ronsseacorner.co.nz/marlin_gallery.htm) that I am working on which has a roll over image. I was just wondering if there is a way I could have roll over text as I click on each thumbnail. Secondly which is more user friendly mose over on the thumbnails or mouse click.

secretasianman
19-04-2009, 09:51 PM
Have you tried CSS? You can get lightboxes and stuff when you click on an image, is that the kinda thing you're going for?

As for user friendliness, I think it just depends on what you're trying to do?

Darryl
19-04-2009, 09:56 PM
Probably wouldnt be CSS you may need to get a javascript, why not google "html roll over txt"

Greg
19-04-2009, 10:01 PM
I'm a bit vague at your first question, but mouse click works better for me.

Darryl
19-04-2009, 10:06 PM
Mouse over? that could work. Theres a whole script on MS FrontPage that has it to be honest.

Ron Bakker
20-04-2009, 08:13 PM
Sorry I didn't explain that to well. What I want is when you mouse over or mouse click on the different thumbnails, that the paragraph below the picture changes. This way when letsay the visitor clicks on the handle part of the speargun it then shows a paragraph that describes the handle.

Ofthesea
20-04-2009, 08:50 PM
Don't know if it relates to your needs but GOTD is Sothink Web Scroller, FYI

hueybot3000
20-04-2009, 09:40 PM
You will need javascript, not really sure what your aiming for though

Unrelated but if you like, add this to your thumbnail links...

onFocus="if(this.blur)this.blur()"

It's a simple hack to remove the dotted selection lines around images and text links. I use it on all my sites, simple tidy up :thumbs:

hueybot3000
20-04-2009, 09:45 PM
You best bet would be to create a page for each image with the paragraph and load that into the iframe, there's plenty of web album generators around that you could use to create the content then just link them to a style sheet

dzina
22-04-2009, 12:44 PM
Pretty Rusty in HTML these days so dont shoot me (with said spear gun!!) if i'm wrong.

You could image map the image and put a roll over on each area????

Hope it helps....**ducks if it does not, waiting for the bolt of the speargun to pass overhead!!**