PDA

View Full Version : Program Conflict

LynX
17-04-2009, 08:42 PM
I have found some interesting things on my computer recently.

Currently I have TTPlayer, a Chinese music player that claimed to occupy less resources than WMP (I'm beyond caring, anyway). It's all good, except that after I run Macromedia Fireworks 8, it would give me an error message when I run TTPlayer. The dialog box is shown as per below.

Interestingly, if I keep TTPlayer open when Fireworks is running, it works fine, as if nothing happens. What is happening? I'm just curious about this incident.

Thanks

Blam
17-04-2009, 08:51 PM
Try uplugging all external drives from your computer and see if it happens

That message can be caused when the drive letter of a removable media clashes with an existing drive letter.

This is vista, so weird stuff will happen:p

Blam

wainuitech
17-04-2009, 09:18 PM
The error message you posted: Exception processing error message 0xc0000013 is usually related to Card Readers, or other USB devices plugged in allocating drive letters.

If you have a card reader in the PC, AND after unplugging any external drives as Blam Suggested - try opening the case and unplugging the reader.

Do you have SP1 installed in your Vista OS - there was a "fix" for this in SP1.

LynX
18-04-2009, 05:33 PM
Hmm... sounds like it.

I have a MFC machine that has card reader slots (AND occupies I: on my computer). Just now I found that I've accidentally safely removed it, and I can't simulate the error anymore.

But the fact is, I use my MP3 player as a storage device. It has a MiniSD expansion slot (how utterly pointless! well I don't have miniSD's anyway), so could that be the cause? I've reconnected my MFC, and I: came back, but there's still no errors. (I didn't connect my MP3 that time)

(Occasionally I plug my phone as well, which has a MicroSD expansion, along with 500 KB of onboard memory. Quite chaotic?)

... BTW, I am using SP1 right now.

Speedy Gonzales
18-04-2009, 05:42 PM
? You dont use safely remove hardware, to remove a printer's card slots. Or a printer

Just turn the printer off. Or else as someone else found out, it may keep asking for the drivers