PDA

View Full Version : Multiple Sound Sources

22-06-2001, 04:26 PM
I have a creative pci128digital soundcard and a 4.1 soround speaker system, i can't get it going so that i can get multiple sound sources (mp3s, games , icq at once) its not hardware because i saw it working with multi sources on the guys computer i bought it off. =(
any suggestions apreciated.

22-06-2001, 07:21 PM
hi Nick,
you could try updating your sound card drivers, and ensure the latest version of direct x is installed. Applications that utilise direct sound will be automatically mixed by windows, other applications may or may not run together.

22-06-2001, 10:27 PM
are you sure it was that sound card and they were not playing music off a cdrom????

never me or my mate (who bought it off me)have had the old pci128 do multiple sounds. unlike the sblive which will do multiple sounds easly. if you do get it working tell us how please;-)

23-06-2001, 10:23 AM
Yeah i got direct X 8 and the latest drivers (i think)
my freind said he got multi sounds working with the drivers on the cd (which ive tried). Yeah i wasn't using cd audio, i was using winamp with like games and icq and it never worked right. I was wondering if it was just an option that i had to turn on.
anyone know what spidif or aux are? and if they are to do with my problem

23-06-2001, 01:40 PM
sorry i had my cards mixed up. yours is a slightly different model to my old one;-(.
have you loaded in live!ware??