PDA

View Full Version : Wireless connection works great, but internet is intermittent.

Eamonn
12-04-2009, 10:19 AM
When I connect to my wireless router I get a good signal and I can browse like normal. However, after about 5 min my internet goes away. I'm still connected to the router with a good signal and it says I still have local and internet access, but I can't get any internet.

If I reset my ip, or change the ad hoc channel on my network adapter I can browse for another 5 before I lose the internet again.

The other computers on the network work fine and if I connect to the network at school my computer works fine.

I'm running Vista on a Toshiba laptop and have an Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 3945ABG network adapter and my router is a dlink dl-624

If anybody has any ideas I would greatly appreciate it. Its driving me nuts trying to figure this out.

Blam
12-04-2009, 11:28 AM
Are you by any chance from St Kents?

Anyways, go Run>devmgmt.msc>Uninstall the Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 3945ABG under "Network Adapters" by going right click>Uninstall.

Reboot.

At school when people have problems with there network resetting their adapter helps.

Blam