PDA

View Full Version : Wireless interfering with tv.

Blackandblue
07-04-2009, 04:01 PM
Hey, have a Dynalink Rta1025W router and when ever I turn the computer on my TV goes all fuzzy with lines every where, and is hooked up by an indoor aerial.

Is this any way to decrease this interferance? or stop it? can I turn the wireless completely off?

CYaBro
07-04-2009, 04:03 PM
So is it the Dynalink causing the interferance or the computer???
You say it happens when you turn the computer on so does the interferance stop when the computer is turned off and the router is still on?

Blackandblue
07-04-2009, 04:16 PM
Its the same with the router off. SO I guess its the computer.

Woody
07-04-2009, 04:20 PM
If you're using an inside aerial on the TV you're probably getting a crappy pic due to low signal strength.
Get an outside aerial and the interference may well disappear.
good luck

Blackandblue
07-04-2009, 04:21 PM
Edit to my post above.

It wasnt the best before, but its now 5 times worse with the computer on(just put the computer in my room). Can this be fixed/reduced?

Also I dont use the wireless on the router is it best to disable it if I can and how?

Woody
07-04-2009, 04:28 PM
Yep - outside aerial with decent signal to the TV

Agent_24
07-04-2009, 05:12 PM
Could be the PSU. I've got one here which causes lots of lovely white squares on channel One when it's plugged in (and the PC doesn't even need to be on!)

It's possible the interference is coming through the mains wiring rather than through the air

If you don't use wireless on your router then you might as well turn it off, to prevent people hacking into it etc...

Your router's manual will tell you how to do it

davidmmac
07-04-2009, 06:12 PM
We also have a similar problem. Whenever the laptop gets plugged in to charge, channel one goes fuzzy with lines across the screen, doesn't happen with any other channels.

We put it down to the fact that we purchased a new (unofficial) charger off TM, as it never used to happen with the old one.

ManUFan
08-04-2009, 01:18 PM
ALL electronic devices produce some RF (Radio Frequency) noise/interference. If their shielding is inadequate then they will most likely interfere with any TV / Radio signal which is not overly strong. Moving it further away from the aerial/antenna MAY reduce this interference.

Terry Porritt
08-04-2009, 06:27 PM
We also have a similar problem. Whenever the laptop gets plugged in to charge, channel one goes fuzzy with lines across the screen, doesn't happen with any other channels.

We put it down to the fact that we purchased a new (unofficial) charger off TM, as it never used to happen with the old one.

Channel one is susceptible to interference and weak signal, it is an archaic obsolete VHF 45Mhz frequency that I doubt any other developed country now uses. (I may be wrong :) ). It should have been phased out years ago.

williamF
09-04-2009, 04:32 PM
Channel one is susceptible to interference and weak signal, it is an archaic obsolete VHF 45Mhz frequency that I doubt any other developed country now uses. (I may be wrong :) ). It should have been phased out years ago.

ok firstly channel one (RF channel 3) runs at 62.25-67.25Mhz and secondly if you have ever heard of shortwave those signals can travel halfway round the world with reasonable clarity and just so you know i could receive channel one with watchable clarity in hamner springs using rabbit ears along with two and three these new fangled high frequency channels on freeveiw terrestrial wouldnt even touch the ionosphere let alone reflect off it
digital is just an inferior excuse to use poor aerials, a correctly set up analogue aerial can give comparable image quality to this digital BS.

Terry Porritt
09-04-2009, 08:14 PM
ok firstly channel one (RF channel 3) runs at 62.25-67.25Mhz and secondly if you have ever heard of shortwave those signals can travel halfway round the world with reasonable clarity and just so you know i could receive channel one with watchable clarity in hamner springs using rabbit ears along with two and three these new fangled high frequency channels on freeveiw terrestrial wouldnt even touch the ionosphere let alone reflect off it
digital is just an inferior excuse to use poor aerials, a correctly set up analogue aerial can give comparable image quality to this digital BS.

You're trying to pull the bullshit wool over our eyes there Willi. :)

First of all channel one is channel one is channel one.... and has vision/sound frequencies of 45.25/50.75MHz

Channel one is nothing to do with TV1 which I think possibly you may be talking about.

TV1 is transmitted on various channels, in Wellington it is channel 1, at Waiatarua, Auckland it is on channel 2, 55.25/60.75Mhz.

You can check out the frequencies around the country here:
http://www.lincrad.co.nz/transmittersites.html

TV1 when transmitted at these low frequencies notoriously gives poor signal unless you are a very favourable position. When re-transmitted through a translator at the high end of the VHF band ~ 190 Mhz, then the signal and picture is much better.

Shortwave is generally taken to be up to around 30MHz, but trying to compare shortwave sound broadcasting around the world with television video at VHF upwards of 45 MHz doesn't hold water.

williamF
09-04-2009, 08:42 PM
You're trying to pull the bullshit wool over our eyes there Willi. :)

First of all channel one is channel one is channel one.... and has vision/sound frequencies of 45.25/50.75MHz

Channel one is nothing to do with TV1 which I think possibly you may be talking about.

TV1 is transmitted on various channels, in Wellington it is channel 1, at Waiatarua, Auckland it is on channel 2, 55.25/60.75Mhz.

You can check out the frequencies around the country here:
http://www.lincrad.co.nz/transmittersites.html

TV1 when transmitted at these low frequencies notoriously gives poor signal unless you are a very favourable position. When re-transmitted through a translator at the high end of the VHF band ~ 190 Mhz, then the signal and picture is much better.

Shortwave is generally taken to be up to around 30MHz, but trying to compare shortwave sound broadcasting around the world with television video at VHF upwards of 45 MHz doesn't hold water.
by channel one i refer to TVNZ ONE, the RF channel i would refer to as channel 1
well here in christchurch its RF channel 3 and i wasnt aware of that so i stand corrected. however my veiws on televisual technology are my own and i prefer TV of the analogue variety with the exception of prime which in a few select locations is utter crap
as for a more constructive reply i am guessing you have bought a below standard supply which doesnt and wouldnt meet FCC compliance and perhaps moving the computer or tele to a seperate circuit to the computer and or tele. or use a legitimate power supply for the laptop and get your computer's switchmode power supply checked and or replaced

Terry Porritt
09-04-2009, 09:06 PM
I imagine the reason for TV1 generally transmitting on the low end of VHF is purely historical, in the same way as the first TV in UK using 405 lines was from Alexandra Palace on 45 MHz, before the war and after. In those days 45MHz was high frequency, and I expect TV in NZ basically copied over from UK. Though by 1960 when TV started here, the BBC were just starting to trial UHF and 625 lines, a service starting some 4 or 5 years later (still in black and white)