PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone managed to connect AC97 Audio

Speedy Gonzales
05-04-2009, 10:35 PM
From the front of a case, to an HD Audio header on a motherboard?? So, it works? This mobo (like others supports AC97 and HD). I know what the pins are

AC97

Mic2 GND
Micpwr NC
Line Out_R NC
NC Empty
Line Out_L NC

And HD

Port1L GND
Port1R Presense#
Port2R Sense1_Return
Sense_Send Empty
Port2L Sense2_Return

I've just read on the Intel site, to try this (to connect AC97 on a case to an HD Audio Header)

1. Connect Mic in to Mic2-L (which pin would Mic2-L be above)? Would have been nice if Intel told you WHAT pin this was above
2. Audio-R to Out2-R
3. Audio-L to Out2-L

The shop said the front of the case supports HD (obviously it doesnt, unless you change the wires around on the header)

wainuitech
05-04-2009, 10:48 PM
Most of the Cool master cases have on the Front audio two header plugs, one for AC97 and the other as HD.

Never really tested if there is a difference, just dropped on the HD plug and away it goes.

I'll See (tomorrow) if i can locate the actual wiring layout.

Speedy Gonzales
05-04-2009, 10:53 PM
Ok, cool

Ta

This has only got 1 connector in the case, but I would say it DOES support HD Audio, as it says it in the manual, and the HD Audio option is in the BIOS.

Thats how I found out the front isnt HD Audio (This option is the default in the BIOS).. Leave it on this, you wont have sound

Speedy Gonzales
06-04-2009, 12:40 AM
Odd, just enabled HD Audio in the BIOS. Now it decides to go !

Well the sound to the monitor goes that is. I'm pretty sure it didnt work, when I connected sound to the monitor the first time.