PDA

View Full Version : Slingshot

gary67
28-03-2009, 08:54 AM
Went to check out a laptop for a friend and found they are on slingshot BB in Nelson City and it's soooo slow Youtube buffers almost continuously.

What I want like to know what do others think of their speed compared to my Vodafone it's crap

CYaBro
28-03-2009, 09:09 AM
They hadn't by chance reached their data cap and were throttled back to 64k?

Arnie
28-03-2009, 09:09 AM
Some areas of Nelson City are naturally crap:yuck: Until a month or so ago the airport area was one

Myth
28-03-2009, 09:30 AM
One would have thought Slingsh|t had improved their services in the last year or two. Guess not

I ditched them about 2 years ago for their crappy speeds and service. Seemed once they won the NZ's Best Provider (or whatever it was) Award, things went downhill real fast

robbyp
28-03-2009, 12:13 PM
I think they have reached the maximum customer base that they can handle. I notice that I haven't seen a slingshot ad on TV or anywhere for a few years, so they are not really marketing for new customers.

gary67
28-03-2009, 05:47 PM
Thanks for the comments makes interesting reading will pass them on

Myth
30-03-2009, 06:20 AM
Full bore ball valve (http://www.emersonvalve.com/ball-valve.html) is widely used throughout the world in harsh chemical and pharmaceutical plants, Utilising a full port design minimises pressure losses and increases flow capacities.This ball valve is a short pattern reduced bore valve to ASME B16.10 offering cost savings over full port valves including smaller actuation requirements.You've been a busy lil spammer I see. So what can you teach us about sonic screwdrivers? :illogical