PDA

View Full Version : Video Capture - identifying / setup of: BT878

Chilling_Silence
27-03-2009, 03:30 PM
Long story short:
Ive given my fiance my TV because I rarely used it, except I'd like to be able to fire up my Wii on the odd occasion. Its been a few months and I think Im having withdrawals ;)

I dug out an old Video Capture card, apparently (according to the chipset / sticker on it) its an AverMedia card based on the BrookTree bt878 Chipset (What card isnt...).
However,t EVEREST identifies it as BrookTree bt360 MediaStream Controller

Now I dont actually remember buying this card, so buggered if I know where it came from, so I have no idea of its real make / model.

I grabbed the drivers for XP from here:
http://btwincap.sourceforge.net/download.html

Only thing is Im not sure if Ive set it up correctly, nor am I sure if VirtualDub is capturing it properly.

When I load up VirtualDub its basically got a small 320x240-ish screen thats totally black, when it should show me my white Wii Dashboard.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated, Im not sure how to tell if Ive set it up correctly or not :$

Many thanks

Chill.

Speedy Gonzales
27-03-2009, 03:39 PM
If its XP, it may have been better if you went to device manager / double clicked on the entry (before the drivers were installed).

Then gone to the details tab. And selected hardware ids. And done a search for the pid/s that are there

The program if that site installs one. You probably have to switch / change something in the menu (if its got one).

Agent_24
27-03-2009, 05:24 PM
It's an Avermedia so it should be possible to figure out what it is from their website..

Chilling_Silence
27-03-2009, 06:09 PM
Yeah so I did what Speedy suggested and got about 8-9 drivers from DriverGuide (Well one was a double-up but still) and even got the official driver package and driver+app packages for it from Avermedias website, still nothing :(
Official website: http://www.avermedia.com/avertv/Support/Download.aspx?Type=Software&id=47&tab=APDriver

Any other ideas ?

Speedy Gonzales
27-03-2009, 07:26 PM
Was Amcap (its pretty small), part of that file you downloaded??

It captures video and sound. It installed on the other PC here, when I installed the webcam drivers

You could try the leadtek PVR program (since the deluxe uses the BT878 chipset as well). It may or may not work.

At least its got the option to switch between tuner / s-video / CVBS in it

Agent_24
27-03-2009, 08:09 PM
The drivers from Avermedia should work - so configuration issue maybe, like somehow the wrong/non-existant input selected? Try DScaler?

Try taking a still capture (or video) if that works then it's just a display problem.

Maybe overlay issue? I know some things will only display on the primary monitor etc

That card isn't from DSE is it? I think I had one similar once - at the time I just used the driver and application (probably amcap) that came with it...

http://www.dse.co.nz/isroot/dse/support/xh6594_W2K_XP.zip Maybe...