PDA

View Full Version : Regarding uTorrent Stealth - Kindly Help me

nagukush
26-03-2009, 02:16 AM
Hi Friends,

I'm using utorrent 1.8.2 and I want to set utorrent so that it startsup as Hidden (as in the Boss Key Mode) when ever the system is started / re-started. I found the following information from the site but I'm not able to figure out how to use this feature / enable this. It will be a great help if somebody can kindly guide me here on this.

19. How can I make µTorrent start in bosskey mode?
(1.5.1 beta 460 and later) Add /HIDE to the shortcut/path. Make sure you've set a bosskey beforehand, otherwise you will have to end the process and start it again without /HIDE to access it.

Where in utorrent do I add /HIDE ? I mean what is the shortcut/path to which /HIDE is to be added. I have already set up the bosskey. Also is this feature only available in the BETA versions or can I make it work in the version that I'm using - 1.8.2 ?

Kindly forgive my ignorance friends - I'm really new to this. Please guide me in simple steps on how I can activate this feature.

Thanks a lot for the help...
Regards and Care
Kush

MushHead
26-03-2009, 07:25 AM
Say you put a shortcut to uTorrent into your Startup folder (off the "All Programs" menu from the Start menu) to make uTorrent start at Windows startup.

Right-click on the shortcut in the menu & change the Target field to read something like

"C:\Program Files\uTorrent\uTorrent.exe" /HIDE

That's it!

nagukush
26-03-2009, 07:08 PM
Hi there !

Thanks a lot for the kind reply and for helping me out !

Thanks again for caring...
Regards and Care
Kush

nagukush
27-03-2009, 02:52 AM
Hi Friends,

I have another problem. Though I have managed to hide utorrent and start it in bosskey mode - It still can be detected thru the Alt+Ctrl+Delete. Is there anything I can do to hide from there also ? or can I disable the Alt+Ctrl+Delete totally ?

Kindly advice...
Thanks and Regards
Kush

gary67
27-03-2009, 06:38 AM
Why do you need to hide it? Are you doing something others don't approve of?

nagukush
27-03-2009, 06:52 AM
No-No absolutely not ! I mostly download Music Lessons and Aquarium Related Stuff and we have very slow internet connections here in India. It already takes a long time for me to complete the files and everybody who uses my computer to browse, just closes the utorrent to increase the speed of their browsing - its really irritating and I want to stop that basically....

Rob99
27-03-2009, 09:08 AM
So you want to make surfing the net miserable for everyone just so you can download your stuff, that’s selfish.
Why don’t you just rename it to something they won’t recognise?

hueybot3000
27-03-2009, 08:49 PM
make a seperate user account maybe? i think utorrent would stil work under the other account if you keep both logged in