PDA

View Full Version : UBUNTU Intrepid ssh issues

Gobe1
20-03-2009, 03:36 PM
:badpc:Hi, i think i am going mad :badpc:
This is the third time i have installed this and i am not doing anything wrong, i think....:confused:
I have done a fresh install of an intrepid minimal install, and loaded the ssh key from my server (Fedora 6) i would like to access using rsync and cron, then setup a backup.sh file in a directory and linked the crontab to test it
Twice, my .ssh directory has gone missing>>>??? wtf so i have to start again
Has any one seen this before?
I notice the .ssh folder is gone when i try to test the backup.sh using ./backup.sh, and then it asks for a password, but i have set up ssh so i dont need a password from the server.

Also i notice that once this happens the graphics go to one colour. What i mean is when you are normally browsing directories the folders are green, files blue etc, but once the problem occurs the files and folders all turn white...??

I think i am losing it , i am an average linux user, far from guru

I have tried google on the .ssh folder disappering trick but nada

Any ideas Linux gurus?

kjaada
20-03-2009, 05:31 PM
Check this out,http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/mandriva-30/dual-boot-xp-mandriva-08-white-screen-of-death-621384/
Go down the page a wee bit it may be part of yr problem.
Have you tried something in Google ?

Gobe1
23-03-2009, 08:17 AM
Thanks for the reply, but i cant quite make out what part of it you are suggesting. Please clarify.
I have tried google.
I have tried Intrepid on two different machines, one AMD the other Intel and both did they same thing.

I have downloaded an older version now (Hardy 8.04) and will try this out this week when i get some spare time.