PDA

View Full Version : Need source: downloading podcast to MP3?

Neptune83
20-03-2009, 10:13 AM
71 year-ol senior but computer skill 6-7 our of possible ten.

Have found link to outstanding university lectures:

http://www.oculture.com/2006/10/university_podc.html

Most of the lectures reference iTunes but give no details.

Have loaded CDs onto my Phillips MP3 via WMP (XP SP3) with no MAJOR hassles. Also have Itunes and Quick Time. I seem to be able to download the lecture onto my computer - somewhere - but cannot find where it goes! Doesn't appear in My Music, etc - and of course trying Windows "Search" is hopeless.

I understand I have to download to my computer first, then drag & drop to my MP3, but must I use iTunes to do this? ITunes store? Can I similarly use WMP?

I have Googled for good instructions but...

Any suggestions on a good set of information somewhere? I have spent too much time playing with this gadget but I'd really like to download podcasts!

Thanks for any suggestions!

Speedy Gonzales
20-03-2009, 10:44 AM
Its probably under Podcasts in Itunes.

I dont think WMP can play podcasts

Rob99
20-03-2009, 10:53 AM
Goto the website with the podcast, locate the link to the mp3 file.

Right click the link.

With Internet Explorer; Save Target As...
You then have the option to tell it where you want it saved.

With Firefox; Save Link As...
You then have the option to tell it where you want it saved.

Blam
20-03-2009, 11:56 AM
try MediaMonkey.

It'll sync with any Mp3

Neptune83
20-03-2009, 01:18 PM
Many thanks to all of you helpful folks.

Adge
20-03-2009, 02:05 PM
Yeah, unfortunately, Media Player doesn't handle podcasts very well. Podcasts are just mp3 files, so you can still manually download them and play them in MP, but it won't do fancier things like autopmatically download them for you.

Itunes is easy to use with podcasts, but it isn't great for transferring files to non-ipod mp3 players. Programs like Winamp or MediaMonkey can handle podcasts well, and transfer to any mp3 players, but the interface is a little more cluttered/complicated. I have used WinAmp, and think it is quite good.

afe66
20-03-2009, 09:41 PM
Well if you are just after a podcast client try googling Juice.
Works well for me and I also have mediamonkey but haven't got around to using MM for pocasts.