PDA

View Full Version : Taskbar help

petechewy
19-03-2009, 04:04 PM
For some reason, I have my taskbar and everything working fine still. But I can't see any windows openned on my taskbar. I first thought was a random glitch, but this is the third time I openned windows and it did that from the start. I'm using windows XP media centre. It seems to be a setting that I changed accidentally, though not sure what. Help?

Driftwood
19-03-2009, 04:14 PM
You might give a few more details to describe your problem.

hueybot3000
19-03-2009, 04:47 PM
Does it do it in safe mode? Also try another user account. Im not aware of any setting to turn off taskbar icons

wainuitech
19-03-2009, 04:49 PM
it sounds like a reg fault - try downloading This here (http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/taskbarplus!.htm) - from the options select the problems and let it do its work.

OR

There listed on the site are reg fixes for various problems as well, select the fix, save to desktop, right click / merge - agree to any prompts.

petechewy
19-03-2009, 04:51 PM
okay. you know how if you open a window, on the windows taskbar, a tab opens. so it allows you to switch between windows e.g. word, my computer, media player etc. well, It's not there anymore. The explorer is working fine, everything is working fine as well so it's not a crash of the explorer.

when I unlocked my taskbar to see if it was hidden behind something else, the part that ususally contains the program tabs are not there.

petechewy
19-03-2009, 04:54 PM
thanks wainuitech! It's fixed now. thanks to others who posted replies too

wainuitech
19-03-2009, 04:56 PM
No Prob le Mo :thumbs: