PDA

View Full Version : IRQL_not_less_or_equal

mazinmat
17-03-2009, 01:27 AM
hi everybody i have an acer aspire 1360 every time i try and boot it up it gets to the windows xp loading screen (the one black one) after this point it gets to a blue screen saying IRQL_not_less_or_equal and then restarts itself, i have looked on multiple forums to try and solve it myself and people have suggested getting memphest+ or something like this but i cannot loggin so i cannot try this, iv also heard it is a RAM problem but i don't really want go out and spend money on a RAM stick as im a student and every penny counts so i was just woundering if someone could confirm this so i know its defiently the problem and not waste any money. thank you for your time.

p.s i have already tried switching the RAM stick into the other RAM slot but the same thing keeps happening. i only have one RAM stick by the way.

Speedy Gonzales
17-03-2009, 02:35 AM
You have to run memtest (http://www.memtest.org/) from cd (the ISO is on the site over there <--).

You need a program, like Nero or this (www.cdburnerxp.se) to burn it to cd. Then go into the BIOS / change the bootdisk to the CD, then boot from it

Or something bootable

It wont run in windows

Will it boot into safe mode? (press/hold F8 down) after you reboot?

If it wont boot into safe mode, Press/hold F8 down again after you reboot, and select last known good config. See if this will boot into windows

What service pack was installed on it? What was the last thing you installed, before it started crashing??

Sweep
17-03-2009, 04:20 AM
Welcome to PressF1.

What stop error code was given?

pctek
17-03-2009, 08:10 AM
Occasionally its a RAM problem.
Mostly its a driver problem. What did you install before the error happened?

Blam
17-03-2009, 12:15 PM
If it can get to safe mode with command try using system restore.
At cmd:Type in "C:\Windows\System32\rstrui.exe" and press enter

Have you installed a new peice of hardware/software lately?

Check device manager for any ! or ?. (Run>Devmgmt.msc)

Blam

mazinmat
18-03-2009, 10:07 AM
yes i have tried every different type of aceess, safe mode, system restore, last known good configuration all of them, from the f/8 boot point but nothing happens, none of these work the problem still consists so i dont see how i can get past this problem if i can not boot a disk or download this nero progaram as it will not get past a certain point sorry for the inconvenience but im not that clued up on computers i only no the basics so if you could explain in lemans terms it would be much appreciated as i need my laptop back A.S.A.P due to being a student

thank you for your time.

pctek
18-03-2009, 10:58 AM
Take it to a tech.

Blam
18-03-2009, 11:38 AM
Before taking it to a technician-download Knoppix, boot into the CD, then copy all your important data to an external hard drive/flash drive

http://www.knoppix.org/

Also-what driver does the BSOD state?

Sweep
18-03-2009, 01:20 PM
Before taking it to a technician-download Knoppix, boot into the CD, then copy all your important data to an external hard drive/flash drive

http://www.knoppix.org/

Also-what driver does the BSOD state?

Just how do you propose the OP downloads anything when he/she can't get the operating system to start?

Blam
18-03-2009, 01:30 PM
She obviously has another computer.

wainuitech
18-03-2009, 02:37 PM
If you have a XP CD, try running a repair install - it may be enough to get it going again. You will need the correct XP CD, not a recovery CD.

If you are not to keen then take it to a tech.

You will need your 25 digit product key for this.

Place XP CD in drive: Reboot or shutdown and start PC.
1.When the Press any key to boot from CD message is displayed on your screen, press a key to start your computer from the Windows XP CD.
2.Press ENTER when you see the message To setup Windows XP now, and then press ENTER displayed on the Welcome to Setup screen.
3.Do not choose the option to press R to use the Recovery Console.
4.In the Windows XP Licensing Agreement, press F8 to agree to the license agreement.
5.Make sure that your current installation of Windows XP is selected in the box, and then press R to repair Windows XP.
NOTE: if it doesn't locate your old OS STOP! As any further actions may result in wiping your data.

6.Follow the instructions on the screen to complete Setup.

mazinmat
23-03-2009, 07:44 AM
technical information is STOP: 0x0000000A (0x0A050011, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x804E7808)

Sweep
23-03-2009, 08:02 AM
Did you manage to run Memtest+ yet?

Check here for your error code:-

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q314063

Blam
23-03-2009, 09:37 AM
Download the zip file here (http://www.memtest.org/download/2.11/memtest86+-2.11.iso.zip)
Then, burn to a cd with ImgBurn (http://download.imgburn.com/SetupImgBurn_2.4.2.0.exe) or any other burning software such as Nero etc

Set the bios to boot from cd-hold Esc/F1 key on startup(varies on different pc/laptops)and set the boot order to CD Rom/DVD drive first.

And run the memtest and se if it picks up any errors.

Blam

tonyq
24-03-2009, 06:19 AM
Ok, I also have been all over the internet tryng to fix this error.. many things can be wrong with this error. I have replaced my rams, rebooted in safe mode and deleted anything that may be messing up..checked my drivers( no errors ). someone told me most of the time it is s video issue, the comuter is trying to run 2 or more things at once nad it can not handle it.. But I do not know how to fix it. I also get the error "DRIVER_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL I also get the message on the bottom that says ***stop: 0x000000D1 (0x00000004,0x00000002,0x00000001,0x81e29d0) I have an optiplex dell GX150 series with a bios A11.. I used a program called Glaryutilities in safe mode and it seems to help a little.. I was able to boot up normally then it would crash after a while... something is still not right. some forums said to reinstall the IRQL - how do I do that? another person said to giggle the perripherals -some thimes that may help.. and also make sure there is no dust in the inside ( for the fans ).. is there any other kind of free software that can check and fix these errors? any help is appreciated.
thanks

Blam
24-03-2009, 09:07 AM
Does it say the name of the driver i.e khsjsj.sys on the BSOD?

Try unpluggin ALL external hardware from your PC and see if it boots fine.

tonyq
25-03-2009, 03:26 AM
there is no name of the driver in the blue screen description..just says to make sure hardware and software is properly installed.. I downloaded a program called memtester, but have not tried it yet.. has to boot up on a floopy.. but it says it can take many hours to run ( which is ok, considering the alternative ).. hope to try it later on this week..
the other externals I have is a 200GB slave drive, printer, and dvd burner.. those seem ok. I keep thinking it has to do with video drivers.. hopefully the memtester can find it.. I will keep you posted if I find out anything.

Blam
25-03-2009, 09:02 AM
If safe mode doesn't work either I doubt its a video driver problem.

Run memtest from a CD if you can, faster

mazinmat
01-05-2009, 03:19 AM
hi i have tried to run memtest but cannot find the boot from cd option i have gone into the BIOS and tries accesing from here but dosnt seem to do anything the last thing installed on the computer was google earth half way through this problem the computer shut down and the BSOD happened and has never started again were is this boot from CD option and how to access it thanks mat.

gary67
01-05-2009, 07:44 AM
Enter the bios by pressing probably delete on starting, and look for the option that gives the boot order, it is probably set to HDD first then CD/ DVD drive second. Use the arrow keys to move down until the first option HDD is highlighted press enter. Change to CD. You might need to then change the second option to HDD (sometimes this happens automatically when you change the first option but not always) Save and exit then let it carry on booting

mazinmat
01-05-2009, 09:44 AM
hi i have managed to boot memtest and half way through the program it just turned itself off. the system error that come up when i go in to safe mode says
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)/windows/system32/drivers also when it tries dong a disk check it says something about FAT32 iv tried looking up what this is but don't have a clue what it all means i don't no if that is any extra help but its the most info i could gatha also as iv already stated the problem began when i downloaded google earth half way thorugh this it turned itself off and the problem started thanks mat.