PDA

View Full Version : Cant View Graphs on Website

johnnytrident
15-03-2009, 12:17 AM
Hi
I have a problem viewing this website.

http://swellmap.com/24hr_forecast.php?region=dunedin&tag=moerk

If I try to view the 7 day forecasts, I canít see the graphs. I can see everything fine on any other pc, this one was fine too, but my hard drive crashed a week ago and I imaged the new hard drive with a backup from my old one. Iím reasonably certain the problem started then. The 24 hr forecast looks normal on my pc but that probably means nothing as the graphs are a different format than the 7 day ones which I canít see.

Iím using Internet Explorer 6.

I have run out of ideas and any thoughts are appreciated.

Thanks in advance
John

pctek
15-03-2009, 08:32 AM
Update your Graphics driver.

And adjust the resolution.

johnnytrident
15-03-2009, 09:27 AM
Thanks for the reply.

How do I find out what graphics driver I've got and how do I update it?

Cheers
John

johnnytrident
16-03-2009, 09:41 PM
Success!

I went to nvidia site and it searched my pc and prompted me to download the correct updated graphics driver. I ran this only to crash the pc and have a blank screen everytime as windows booted up. Safe mode/System Restore thankfully restored this to as before. Then downloaded another slightly earlier driver which supported my Geforce 6200 TC graphics card, this worked but still the website problem persisted.

Further investigating showed the graph format to be a .png which theoretically IE6 should have had no problem with. Tried another browser, still no good.

Then turned off Zonealarm and turned on the Windows XP firewall and the problem was gone. Tweaked the settings on ZoneAlarm for that particular website (under privacy) and all is sweet.

Got there with the help of Google and a local mate who is a bit of a geek.

HTH someone else.
Cheers
John