PDA

View Full Version : PC World A-list..

Myth
14-03-2009, 08:32 PM
.. does the magazine still do this?
I keep forgetting to buy one and find out :o

Anyway, if so, what is the A-List optical drive (if they still do DVD burner only, not BluRay) and also Harddrive (internal)

Blam
14-03-2009, 08:34 PM
A-List is for the PC Authority I'm pretty sure.

Go with Pioneer, Asus or Lite-on and you'll be fine

Myth
14-03-2009, 09:01 PM
I thought PC World did an a-list too, at the back of the mag.. ahead of dumb terminal (before that was taken away)

I dunno, its been a while :confused:

Metla
14-03-2009, 09:05 PM
Probably been replaced by adverting.

They have this retard crap they call a buyers/shopping guide and its just blatant adverting. The retailers buy a section. Granted anyone with more intelligence then a carrot can see it for what it is....

Which is just another reason the magazine has zero respect.

And judging by the quality of the hardware reviews in the last edition I got I wouldn't be using them as a guide to purchasing anything.

Sad but true.

Wait, They had alright reviews of multiple items that had nothing to do with computers in any way shape or form.

Did I mention zero respect?

I'm waiting for them to do a review on Socks, Flyspray and belly button lint.

Myth
14-03-2009, 09:11 PM
I'm waiting for them to do a review on Socks, Flyspray and belly button lint.I think the belly button lint review is in the next edition

Flyspray, already done by Consumer
Socks... ask any freezing worker about those :)

Erayd
14-03-2009, 11:19 PM
And guess which AV product got rated 9/10 and won the review yet again...

Myth
15-03-2009, 12:01 AM
And guess which AV product got rated 9/10 and won the review yet again...I know this, I know this....

Is it .... o for orsome? :banana

nofam
15-03-2009, 02:25 PM
PC Authority is a far better mag in most respects I have to say. . . . . let me qualify that by saying it's a better mag for people that know a bit about PC's.

PC World seems largely to be written for people who know very little about PC's.

And I like PC User's no-holds-barred approach to hardware writeups too.

I still buy all 3 ;)

Erayd
15-03-2009, 02:53 PM
I'm normally an APC reader - in my opinion, they have far better content, and don't seem to take bribes from advertisers (Symantec, I'm looking at you).

Blam
15-03-2009, 02:55 PM
I'm with you Nomad.

I like PCWorld for its opinions and reviews. Not its technical know-how.

PCUser and PC Authority are more "technical"